Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who knows a good driveshaft shop in DFW?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by ZZ4x4, Sep 15, 2003.

1. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I've been to the Offroad Shop in Garland before for repairs. They do a good job but are pricey. Any recommendations on a cheaper shop?
    Thx, Jeff

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

The offroad shop is closed now.
    George (greywolf) said there is a place over on floyd circle that does good work.

I have used a place out in mesquite (I cant think of the name off hand) They were real nice to deal with & quick.

What are you working on now ?

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

A little off-topic, but the Offroad Shop is still there somewhere. Last week I had a buddy take his 79 in to get the brakes redone. He had just bought the truck and the rear lines were just cut and not attached (probably not attached since the axle swap).

They completely rebuilt the rear drums. Then turned the rig over to the guy saying all was finished. But... The hardline that connects to the rubber line of the diff was still plugged with a nail, the rubber line was hanging, practically dragging the ground, the hardlines on the axles were still there and cut at the ends. New bleed screws looked nice, but no fluid lines were hooked up! WTF?!? Guy took it back and they charged him another $200 to finish the job. If it was me I would have been all over their butts for saying a vehicle was done while it still didn't have any rear brakes!!

Anyway, sorry for the rant. You could always contact Justin at Rocktek for a price. His number is 817-329-4297. He is the ONLY guy/shop that does any work on any of my rigs besides me and the race shop that does my motors. tell him Brian sent ya!

4. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

Hey Brian
    They did close shop, the manager reopened at another location. I wasnt gonna bash them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but I see some things never change. New location same crappy service.

They must have had an off day when they did good work for Jeff (zz4x4).

If you use them expect to get raped by them.

5. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

Ok back on subject
    I found the info I was looking for.

Drive train of Mesquite
    972-285-5179

I have only used them once so far.
    They were very nice & did a great job at a FAIR price.

6. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks Ray. Well, as I think back, it did take two trips to the Offroad shop when I had my driveshaft worked on last time. They installed the greasable U-joint backwards, so the zerk contacted the driveshaft preventing the driveshaft from spinning /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. Had to go back and have them reverse it.

As far as current projects...
    I just installed some zero-rates to move the rear axle back a bit and now my rear driveshaft is too short. Need to have it lengthened or get a 1-ton CV shaft made /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I'll call the guy you mentioned.

See ya soon!
    Jeff

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Texas U-Joints on S. Sylvania in Fort Worth is awesome. They do top notch work (many of the d-shafts for Sunray Eng.), are way cheaper than most anyone else, and the manager owns a sweet '78 GMC short bed with a BB, locked one tons, and 40's.

Texas U-Joints, ask for Howard
    817-335-4467