Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who knows M1009/M1008 wiring? MORE gp problums.. yet again

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 84CUCV, Dec 6, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Just found out my wiring is real cut up and is was messed up when it was put back together. I think that could be part of my problem. My friend just got a m1009 with a turned into 12v and a manual gp setup. Starts right up. How do I go about this? Anyone have wiring for a cucv engine they want to sell? I am so sick of this sh!t! If any of you are near NJ and want to make so money, let me know. now that I don't need to sell it. I might park it till spring. As for now I don't want to look at it. No luck with this truck at all. chevym1009@msn.com 732-892-2419 thanks mike

2. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

The glow plug system is pretty simple on the CUCV. Where is your's hacked? Is your circuit card still wired up under dash? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. 84CUCV

I just replaced that part of the wiring with the card. That is good. I think someone cut all the wiers around the relay and took it out and the guy I got it from did a [darn] job putting it back together. Any chance you have the wiring for the 6.2 you could sell? mike

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

No harness to sell, CUCVs are starting to get alittle rare around here. If I had the time I'ld take some pictures for ya, but I leave for Operation Iraqi Freedom saturday. Suggest you find someone with a CUCV and take look at the GP wiring. The local National Guard or Reserve unit may help (ask for the motor pool) or join the Military vehicle Preservation Assoc. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84CUCV

Good idea. thanks dieseldan. takecare over there. mike