Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who knows what size u-bolt on the dana 60 housing side?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lance, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I know the two on the driver's side are 3-3/8" i.d. in a 5/8" diameter u-bolt. the passenger side uses two 5/8" studs but, what about the remaining u-bolt? I did a search and couldn't locate the information I need. I have measured the housing and it appears a 4" i.d. u-bolt will work. Anybody have any confirmation of this. I've already paid my studpid tax for one screw up, can't afford any more.

Thanks in advance,
    Lance

2. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Has everyone already gone on vacation? Someone must know the answer to this question. BTT

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I just measured my housing this morning to get a u-bolt made. I came up with 4" ID also, so that would make it a 4 5/8" ubolt measured center to center. </font color>

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am pretty sure that when ordering U-bolts they go by inside dimension not by center to center.

5. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

right on 4x4HIGH
    i work in a spring shop and a u bolt is always mesured from inside.
    same for the lenght ,inside (tallest point to the end of the u bolt)
    and be sure to get the correct washer and nuts because they are not the same as a normal bolt(the washer is thicker and the nut is longer )

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have two extra of those, brand new.
    I took was an idiot and only took one ubolt to the spring shop for them to measure and make me new ones.
    I took the bigger one from the housing, failing to look at the other two. SO basically, I got two extra ubolts I don't need.
    I paid just under ten each, I'll sell it to you for $5 shipped, new, with nuts and washers.
    Or, I can just go measure it for ya.
    -- Mike

7. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I could have waited for those to be shipped. My plans are to have the truck move under it's own power by the end of this holiday weekend. So, I went down yesterday afternoon and had one made for a 4" diameter axle tube in a ten inch length with a 5/8" diameter at the local spring shop. Seems to be the one I needed. Thanks everybody for your responses.

Lance