Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who knows where I can find a.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SchnorrCS, Aug 4, 2006.

1. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Oh no not another one of those threads.....
    Anyways, I was rebuilding the t-case (with alot of help from you all. Went back together, works perfect. Doesn't leak. Yet.) Thought I'd go ahead and replace the ujoints and all. Front cv shaft looked like it had never been taken apart and cleaned/rebuilt. Pop off the "centering yoke" (That's the part that hols the horizontal ujoint closest to the tcase) and there is a ball and socket type joint in there. It keeps the cv straight from what I can tell. There are a bunch of needle bearings in there also. Apparently never been greased, cause they are messed up and now they are all over the garage floor.
    Which brings me to my question....Anybody got an old stock front drive shaft from a 74 blazer layin around they want to get rid of? Anybody know anyone that does? Or even just the CV joint part of one? Shaft is ~16 inches weld to weld. About. Aw hell...I've been drinkin since noon. Take er down.

Thanks
    cS

2. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Nobody huh?

3. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

You can buy that piece new, but it ain't cheap (~$75). That is what makes CV driveshafts so expensive.

4. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Yea, I found one new, and it was about 75 bucks, was hoping somebody had custom shafts made and had there old factory ones laying around they wanted to get rid of i guess.