Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who makes 6" lift front springs which will not sag ?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ambritmann, Jun 3, 2002.

1. ambritmann

ambritmann Registered Member

Who makes 6\" lift front springs which will not sag ?

Am looking to lift my 82' shortbed by 6" to clear the intended 35" BFG M/T tyres. Am looking for advice on which make front springs to use, I would hate to fit a set and then have the Diesel engine make them sag quickly. For the rear I am using a pair of 56" springs from a 3/4 ton Suburban along with the 14 bolt FF axle to increase the load capacity, ORD shackle flips moved back along the frame and 2" blocks. I may use some custom spring perches as well to move the rear axle back a bit. Advice on the springs would be much appreciated.

2. Guest66

Guest66 Registered Member

Re: Who makes 6\" lift front springs which will not sag ?

I have 4" pro comp springs on my 1/2 ton 6.2 Blazer, and they havent sagged @ all and its been 13 months since the lift

3. 84ZAP62

84ZAP62 Newbie

You can use the HD superlift springs which they make for the 6.2 diesel. I have them on my truck and Love it, way better ride than stock. I am running 35's on 8" wheels so they do not touch the fenders. but a small body lift will work if you want 10" wheels.

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't worry about the weight that much. Those 6.2s weight about the same as a big block. And they definitley weight less than a tall deck 427, soft rides do settle. The truck I pulled the 427 out of had about 12K miles on the 4" softrides front/rear. Fronts settled so much we took the 4" block out of the dana 60 and installed a 2" dropped pitman to level the drag link. When they were new the drag link was level with the 4" block.