Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who makes a good exhaust setup?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigMan, Feb 9, 2001.

1. BigMan

BigMan Registered Member

Is there any companies that make a good duel exhaust setup for my 85 blazer? Everything I sett is for an 87 and newer. What's the difference? I don't want a cat back system, I'm going headers and want true duals.

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Big, I just had a sweet exhaust system put on my 87 K5. Do you still need converts/emmissions? I have flowmaster headers 2-1/2" and ran 2-1/2' aluminized pipe all the way back. The muffler is also from flowmaster inc. Cal. and is called a street performer. It's all Stainless Steel (no fiberglass etc.) has dual inlets / outlets and sounds sweet. Having it done cost me about 5 bills here. hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]<font color=red> Ride'in High In My K5! [​IMG]

3. BigMan

BigMan Registered Member

no I don't need the emisions equipment. We don't have emissions where I live. I'd keep the stuff in case thay change that though. I didn't know flowmaster made headers. Does tat dual in/ out muffler act like a crossover or are the chambers seperated inside it? I was hoping to find a system I could install myself.

4. Storm Trooper

I don't think so but I can call the guy back on monday. If I could bend the pipes, I would have done it myself. It's the only thing I had someone do. They probably have a web site showing it. No tests here either. You don't have a bio so I don't know what area you are in. I can take some pictures if you need me to. Good luck

[​IMG]

5. BigMan

BigMan Registered Member

That's okay, I'l probably just install some headers, buy some mufflers and have a system bent up. I can't find any prebent systems.
    I havn't filled out the profile yet. I just found this site a few days ago when I bought my blazer. I got a link to it off of offroad.com I have jeeps but this is the first blazer I'v had since I got online.

6. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Check http://summitracing.com for the Dynomax setup. They are the only one's I've seen with a bolt up kit for pre 87 Blazers. I believe its a true dual kit too. I haven't heard of any experiences with these but for $129.00? (if I can remember correctly) you can't go wrong. Hope this helps.

Rod

BLAZER FOOD!!
    [​IMG]

7. Storm Trooper

If you live in Colorado, I'll give you some temporary bent pipes and new turbo mufflers for a couple of cases of beer[​IMG] and drink them with you.

[​IMG]

8. BigMan

BigMan Registered Member

I'm in Wisconsin

9. Storm Trooper

Bummer,[​IMG] I'm orig. from Detroit. Someone out there with some stuff for him?

[​IMG]

10. WARP1

WARP1 Registered Member

I put in a dual system form JC Whitney. It didn't fit. I had to buy S tubes from the local auto store to even some close to getting the headers to line up with the rest of the exhaust. I still ended unbolting a portion of the system and taking it to a local exhaust shop to weld it up. Around here no on would install a custom system without putting in the cats ($150 each), so I went the bolt-in route($150 total). And also for whatever reason the system doesn't sound very good. I don't know if it is my engine or their mufflers. I have a '73 Blazer, and the system had trouble fitting around the stock NP203.

11. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

If you are not looking to spend to much, I got a walker high flow cat and a flowmaster 3" single cat-back. It sounds good, but it stinks some times. I am happy with it.

<font color=red>1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, Middletown, NJ (07737).</font color=red> wkeil@home.com