Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who makes soft doors for second gen

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well tonight my room mate destroyed my driver side door by backin into it while it was open and folded it in half...so i either have to get a new steel door or get some soft doors...i would really like to get the soft ones...but i forgot who makes em...i thought it was a member on here but cant remember for sure...anyone know? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif to read the whole story on it go into the nor cal forem and i have post on there with the story of the door tonight...i found it quite funny for some odd reason

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

after a lil searching i found that two people that i know of make soft doors. missouri offroad makes a half steel and soft door. the bottom half is steel and the rest is canvas. ya can see em here soft doors . another person that makes em is robbie(MTPockets). here is a link to the forum i found other soft doors . i don't think robbie makes em for production but if ya like em more ya can always ask him. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif well i hope this helped. later.

jacob

3. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Is that $475 price for a single door, or pair? And how the heck do you lock them? I didn't see any lock knobs

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Chaz,

I can make you some like this. They have latches... but no locks. I also have made a snap on window for them.

Marv

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well looks like i am goin to end up gettin a new door from gokartergo and goin to make them removable by pullin the pins like kpanza has...i really liked runnin without doors..got a few funny looks but it was really nice... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

lol, does anybody know if that $475 is for a pair? I think I'll get some if it's per pair

7. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

The $475.00 includes the parts to do both doors. It does not however include the doors. You can pick up new door shells for as little at $55.00 from Certifit. They are cheap but the fit is not always the greatest.