Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who makes stiff-a$$ 2.5inch springs???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ben427, Apr 11, 2004.

1. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

I just picked up my dana 60 and 14 bolt for the plow truck (300 for both /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Im building this summer, and i want a set of 2.5 inch lift springs to keep the nose from bottoming out and high centering me on snow drifts. Who makes good and stiff 2.5 inch springs that will survive the weight of the plow. I was thinking rough country or trailmaster myself. Anyone have any suggestions???

2. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

50 dollars a NEW spring, front or rear. i cant tell there is 200 lbs of winch, and i cant tell there are no shocks. need lengths???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Im not quite sure what your getting at, Are you suggesting i just buy brand new stock springs??, that may be what happens yet, But thewn id nees an add a leaf in them i think. And i know there 48" inthe front and 52" in the back.

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

How about a front add a leaf and a zerorate, same in the rear? That should be a rough ride.

In about a two weeks I'm going to be pulling a 3leaf front spring off my old plow blazer, the front end didn't bow down much with the plow on but they are still in negative arch and ride nice. You could look for three leaf springs and then add a leaf.

If you just want something to bolt on, get a rough country lift, they are suppost to be pretty stiff. I think ranchos are too and I'm sure they made 2.5" springs, then order up a set of 2.5" zerorates from AZ-Kicken. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Rough Country, ProComp, ...ect.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would just add leaves from a rear spring pack.

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I vote Rancho. My 4" springs I just swapped out were 720# springs /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif My new TC EZ-rides are 295# /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

i was suggesting you could try stock m715 springs. they are cheap

9. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

yeah but they wouldnt be flat and 48 inches long, they have a good arch to them. I think ill get a pair of rough counrie if i cn get a good deal on them.