Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who on ck5 plays counterstrike

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5freak44, Jun 24, 2005.

1. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

I have been playing it like a couple times a week for about 6 months now and im really hooked. i tried the new counter strike source and it just isint as fun.

who on ck5 plays?

i say we all play sometime

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i play all the time, not much lately, i have been playing for a few years now but my steam id is jishory at yahoo.com if you wanna play sometime

3. google

google 1/2 ton status

I played every day until I fried my computer. My other computer (this one) isn't good enough to run it.... I got my blazer just before my computer took a dump..... The blazer gets all my money now..... computer is gunna have to wait. :mad:

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

cs is meh... i played TFC competitively for 3 years or so... but in the last couple of years I have switched over to DoD. Really fun game, and you get cool Nazi guns. ;)

j

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I used to play a lot a few years ago. When I was in college (97-99) I spent 6+ hours per day playing Team Fortress.. I was a hell of a sniper in my time.

Those where the days....

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I played Battlefield1942 desert combat mod modded.. Untill 2 days ago.. Now it is BF2.. I run a sever for BOTH.. Check out..www.thetntclan.com

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what was your screen name MT? what servers did you play on?

I was in clan -=SOTF=- as "1_pist_engy" for quite a long time. I played mostly dustbowl (league play) or avanti (just for fun). I like'd Pete's Avanti/Dustbowl and the SOTF, MR and 3v clan servers too. After college I was serious addicted and played many many hours a day... pretty much all day and night. I didnt work, or have class or need $... so yeah, I played a lot. I am still mentioned on the "history" page on sotf's site...

http://www.sotfclan.tk/

and when 3v still had a site they even included me in their "history of dustbowl" page... that was pretty damn cool. They only had half a dozen names in their "players of note" section that weren't in there clan and I made the cut. ;) I started out an an engy (obviously!) but when clan matches really got heated the team demanded that I play demo or HW. I had HW guy on dustbowl down to an art. They say he's an easy class, but stopping world class players from capping is not easy... and I made many a stop. :grin: anyway, in my prime I actually was ranked #3 worldwide on one of thise stat-keeping sites (this was before people found ways to stack their stats...). That was pretty cool too. There was something like 27,000 TFC gamers that month, and their rating system had me ahead of 26,998 of them. :cool1: Then I got a job... practice time and skillz went down the tube, lol.

j

8. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I play CS when my puter isnt FUBAR'd. Its been about 2 months since my puter has been operational or since I've played though. My steam username is afroman006, if I ever get my puter fixed, invite me to play or something.

9. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

My buddy and I used to join clans just for S&G. For a while we went as Cartman & Kenny (right after southpark came out) and then after that I picked up the nick name "JimmyPopAli" and sniped under that for the rest of my TF and TFC time, and even into my CS days.

I coudln't even remember the servers. I just hopped on the ones w/ the lowest pings :D

EDIT: I remember one now, the "I'm12" clan had a server that we used to go and play on, and actually joined their clan for a while.