Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who owns a harley?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by BowtieBlazer, May 2, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

What year and model? I'm working in a shop right now where we deal exclusively with Harleys just curious whats out there on this board. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Don't have a bike right now, but I want to build a pan/shovel (lower end panhead, upper end shovel head, on a hard-tail frame, springer front end, old style fat bob tanks) sometime in the next few years.

3. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I had a '90 883 Sportster and traded it in for a '98 Softail Custom, I owned it til about a year ago. I currently am without a bike, had to sell my Softail, but I am planning to another before too long.

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'm just getting into the bike world but I'd love to either have a old shovelhead. or a newer sporster with larger tanks to make up for my width /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Gotta low ball it as I am on a big budget but working on them like i do now means much like the blazer labor is free. Ideally when I graduate I want a big arse dresser decked out and do some travelling.

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

'72 Sportster XLCH

[​IMG]

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I own an '83 Harley David. (that is me, my name) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I haven't had enough to buy a bike yet. My Dad currently has a '01 HD Deuce. He has had is stroked to 96" and is running 95+ HP to the rear tire. He is looking to get more work done to it to get it to over 100 HP.

When I was born my dad had an '84 1/2 Sportster and a '59 panhead. His panhead was a custom show bike. It had a 25 over springer front end and a custom pearl paint job of a goddess fighting a dragon on the tank. It was an awesome bike. He sold it a few years back. It was totally restored to its show condition and was put on display in the HD shop in Tokyo Japan.

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

This is my 77 FX.I was thinkin of sellin it to build another or finish some other projects but Im kinda fond of it.

No electronic nothin,kick start,drag pipes,and no front brakes,whats not to like /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

8. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

This is me and my 86 FXRS Liberty Edition Lowrider. I have a 102 inch stroker, S&S Carb, Andrews EV 27 cam, Wiseco 11.5:1 pistons, shaved flywheels, heads fdrom a 99 springer that have been flowed and ported by Dragonman in Co. Spgs. The 99 heads breath from the top and the 86 crankcase breath from the bottom so the crankcase pressure is nice and low.

I have a badlander seat and autometer gauges and a little extra chrome. Also repainted it because I hate the Liberty Edition paint job.

I have another complete set of sheetmetal for it too. FLH style rear fender, skirted front fender and a set of 6 gal fatbobs.

[​IMG]

9. chevyracing

This is my wife Terri's 96 XLH 883 with a 1200 kit. It has a few goodies in the engine and has lots of shinny stuff. We changed the sheet metal to 6 gallon fatbobs, FLH style rear fender, and a badlander seat. We moved the gauges to the tank and added autometer speedo.

[​IMG]

10. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Me, Madmike! 1990 FLSTC Heritage Softail, the only thing I ever bought brand new! Re-geared final drive, cammed, carbed, ignition, pipes, milled heads, over 71,000 miles and still going strong! I'd post a pic, but I'm a gearhead /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, not much of a computer whiz /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

11. moore82

moore82 Registered Member

I own a 1979 Harley Sportster. All original except I put drag pipes on it.

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I have a 68 FLH Electra Glide with the panhead lower/shovel head upper end. It's still apart right now as I am complately redoing it. Just need to buy a new seat, exhaust and primary drive stuff

13. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

John,

Post up some pictures of your new Ultra. It's pretty sweet!!

14. chevyracing

[ QUOTE ]
    John,

Post up some pictures of your new Ultra. It's pretty sweet!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okydoky Mark I can do that.. LOL The first one is at the Hayman Fire burn area and the second one is in my back yard. I need to get a pic of all 3 of my Harleys in one shot.

This is a redone 90 Ultra Classic with a 113 CI S&S engine and 6 speed tranny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I forgot about this one, this is at an old rail depot in Buffalo, Colorado that turned into a gas station, and I was thnkful for that too!!

[​IMG]

15. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

This is a redone 90 Ultra Classic with a 113 CI S&S engine and 6 speed tranny.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just one more reason why I need to move to the middle of nowhere. Where the land and living is cheap and you can afford lotsa goodies /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. chevyracing

[ QUOTE ]

This is just one more reason why I need to move to the middle of nowhere. Where the land and living is cheap and you can afford lotsa goodies /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It does have its' advantages.