Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who owns this website?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 45acpJr, Feb 9, 2004.

1. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone know who owns this website? They did a nice write up on some of our products and I wanted to link it with their permission. TIA :thumb

I guess a URL would help huh /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Clicky :

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I dont remember who's it is, but I wish they would update it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Its in my favorites

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

steve@ce20.net
    http://www.ce20.net/

Kewl site. I have seen many of those pictures and I think many were posted here but no clue as too who it is. I can't recall who's truck that is.

Found that E-mail hidden fairly well off on a side page.

5. NetBlazer

NetBlazer Registered Member

Site belongs to a guy named Steve. CK5 membername scrappy88 scrappy88
    I remembered seeing the pics of his custom console PC /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif a while back and looked up the thread. Cool mobile PC setup!

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

scrappy is steve fox ?

then who is coloradok5 ?

that doesnt make sense

check my url link i posted in my first reply in this thread

7. NetBlazer

Sean wanted to know who owns this site but forgot to put in the link in his initial post. That site belongs to another guy named Steve, not the Steve Fox that owns this site /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

When you posted, you were right on. But the question has changed /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Still confused? Hope not /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sean (not the Sean who asked the question though......)

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Oh great, now I'm really confused.

But why would you want a PC built into your truck?
    I can see taking one with for certain purposes, like GPS mapping, DVD player, picture storage . . . but seriously why build one into the truck itself? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. NetBlazer

Since I am planning to do this in the future myself, I can give you my reasoning.

Why build a pc into the truck rather than just tossing a laptop on the seat? Well, why have a stereo system built into the truck when you could just toss a boom box on the seat?

Having it built in would mean that it is less likey to be stolen. Maybe only slightly less liekly, but that would also depend on the stealth of the install. A PC for the truck can often be a less powerful system than a full blown home PC, and some of us nerdy types can easily build one out of parts we already have laying around rather than dedicating a laptop to the purpose. Also regular PC parts are WAY cheaper than laptop parts. If I want a 200GB hard drive to store GPS maps, MP3's and ripped movies I can buy one for a PC for less than a hundred bucks, but a laptop drive of that size would easily cost 3-5 times that much. In my case I also plan to build a connection from the PC to the trucks computer with WinALDL so it can gather information on how the truck is runnning at all times, rather than doing diagnostics after the fact with no real baselines.

Of course there is always the "cool factor" of having something most other people have never heard of, never mind seen /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just one nerd's perspective, your mileage may vary /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Sean

10. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

that site is nice. i'm going to build a custom console similar to that, not to house a computer, but i'm going to put my head unit, cb radio, & scanner in a lockable compartment like the Tuffy. and i'm gonna put a CD changer in the back of it, and have cup holders and a lockable storage compartment with arm rests on top.

i don't see the point of video in a truck...... when i'm in mine, i'm driving it. when i want to watch a movie, i'll watch it inside on my 27" Wega. it's just more crap to get stolen outta the truck.

11. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know who owns this website? They did a nice write up on some of our products and I wanted to link it with their permission. TIA :thumb

I guess a URL would help huh /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Clicky :

[/ QUOTE ]

Registrant:
    Fox, Steve (COLORADOK4-DOM)
    ****** Savannah Sparrow Way
    Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
    US

Domain Name: COLORADOK5.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
    Fox, Steve (NCWBVPLDBI) leavememail@USA.NET
    ****** Savannah Sparrow Way