Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who runs 38's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by spoolnaround, Jul 17, 2002.

1. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

Who runs 38\'s

I went searching and foun nothing. For those of you who run 38's what backspacing do you have on your rims. I am going to run 38x14.5x15 Swampr SX's. Lets hear what you have and any problems associated with the width of you tire and the backspacing (like hitting springs or frame etc).

2. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

Re: Who runs 38\'s

I'm running the same size tire wright now with 15x10 wheels with 4.5 of back spacing. I dont have any problem with the tires hitting the frame or springs I did have to do some fender trimming though. I'm running 6 suspension with 1 inch body and 1 ton runnig gear. hear are some pics http://www.odf.state.or.us/tsf/rockcrawl.htm I hope this helps you out. the tires and wheels are also for sale if your interested /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I use to have 38.5x16x16.5's with like 5" of backspacing with a 4" lift and the back tires use to rub the inner fender well when the truck was really flexed up. I just got the 38.5x14.5x15 sx's with 4.5" of back spacing with 1" spacers in the rear and will be going with a 2" body lift. I plan on moving the front axle forward and the rear axle back to give me some more flexing room. I will let you know how it works out.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Well I have 38s but dont know what my back spacing is. I run 12 wides for now. Soon to be 14s when I swap out to 8 lug.

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I run 38.5x16 on 3.5 backspaced 15x10 rims on one ton gear. A little clearancing was needed on the dana60 calipers and nothing on the rear cadi calipers (disk conversion). I have 4" of suspension lift and 3" body lift which required a lot of cutting on the front fenders as well as a bit of cutting on the rear, even more with the 57" springs as stuff really stuffs now.
    Pics in the sig.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> 38s on 15x10s with 4.25" backspacing, 6" lift on the truck. Lots of fender trimming, still slight rubbing on the firewall at max flex. No interference with steering, springs or anything like that. </font color>

7. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I run 12.5 x 38 TSL's with 3.5 backspacing on the front. My front axle is forward 1-1/4" and 5" of lift and lots of triming I only hit my hydro fittings on the steering box. Other than that I clear everything

8. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.

38's on 16.5x9.75 rims with 4" of back spacing....no rubby.Oh did I forget to mention 4" of lift.....and I guess I should say that my fenders are cut all the way back to the firewall!!!Soon to get 37/12.50x15" MT/R's mounted on 15x8" rims...hope they don't look to small!!LOL!BTW they stuff all the way into the wheelwells!!Mike

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yup, you'll get all kinds of rubbing on a 10" wide wheel. I run 38x12.5's with a 4" susp. lift and a 3 " body lift and I have very minor rubbing even when I'm REALLY flexed out. I am only running 15x8" wheels with stock back spacing. The front stuffs right up inside the fender well, and the rear are never a problem. I went away from the 10" wheel for that exact reason.