Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who runs 4" of bs w/ a 14ff/10b? **pics** pg. 3, they came!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Avery4jc, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm going nuts without having these rims here so I decided that before this weekend is over I WILL have them ordered. If I don't do it now it'll never get done.
    I like these that we have found on Summit...
    http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CRR%2D3425180&N=700+4294923107+4294923105+4294906428+4294793325+4294906359+115&autoview=sku

they are perfect, 15X10, 8 on 6.5 but they are 4" bs...I wasn't planning on going that far, not really because it wouldn't work (w/ the extra width of the 14ff/8 lug 10b I'm putting in I'm sure it would be perfect) but I didn't want to have to grind more than necessary....So I just wanted to see who here runs 4" of bs w/ those axles and how much grinding you had to do.
    Otherwise I don't know what I'll do, I checked about 4 places here in town and they don't know anything so Summit or somewhere online is my best bet.

-Avery

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  2. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

4.25" backspacing, no grinding on the rear, maybe 15 minutes on the calipers and backing plates. I have older (72-73) d44 8lug setup though.

3. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I run 4" bs 8 lug 15" wheels with my 42" swampers . I did have to do a little grinding on the dana 44 front calipers ( 1/4 inch maybe ) But when I went to a dana 60 up front I had to do alot of grinding on the calipers . The rears should fit fine . If I had it to do over again I would just run a 16" wheel . I got my wheels for $150 new and I bought another set 2 weeks later off of CL for $50 :rolleyes: . I should mention that the backing plate will get a little thin where the caliper contact it . It's not that big of a deal .

4. Avery4jc

ok, so it sounds like I could run 4" of bs then....

My whole goal was to just get something here and then work out the bugs w/ whatever I ordered so I know I can get things working but I also don't want to be stupid and order something that I know won't work as easily as somthing else.
    If that made any sense at all.

-Avery

5. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I had a set of 15x8's that I tried to use but I ended up grinding for a while and they still hit on the backing plate. The backing plate started to get kinda thin and I wasnt to happy about that so I said screw it and went with a set of 16's and Im happy I did. I like having the thicker side wall. It took alot of the body roll out of my Blazer.

6. HEAVY METAL

HEAVY METAL 1/2 ton status

im runnin 4.25 b/s.. n/ps... just had to grind a lil more on the d60 caliper.... no biggie...

7. jamber2541

jamber2541 1/2 ton status

I run those exact wheels, about 10 minutes of grinding took care of the problem. NTWONLINE sells black steel whels with 3 1/2 backspacing = no grinding

8. Avery4jc

Thanks guys!

-Avery

9. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4.25" backspacing lots of grinding to fit, well not alot of grinding alot of grind grind grind... check to fit.... grind grind grind... check the fit... etc

10. Avery4jc

ok, I checked and they don't list the bs...just that they are 15X10 but I'm assuming you just know that the 15X10's that they sell are 3.5" bs....

I think I'll order the ones off of Summit, the only problem I am thinking about now that I've started cleaning up and taking a look at the axles is w/ 4" of bs will the back lip of the rim hit this....

-Avery

clearance.jpg

11. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton axles are all the same width
    so going from what you have now to the new stuff is the same width.
    pull one of you rims off your truck and measure and go with what you have

12. jamber2541

jamber2541 1/2 ton status

13. Avery4jc

ok, not a problem Jamber...

I'll do that...

-Avery

14. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i think your going to find that the 8 on 6.5 rims are 3.5'' also.
    i could be mistaken, but i ordered my rims from summit also,altho i ordered their eaton steel truck wheels painted white and they are thick and heavy made for wheelin. the center piece looked to be about 3/8" thick, i scotch brite padded them all when they were new and shot them with aluminum paint and about 4-5 coats of clear and mostpeople mistook them as chrome but back to my point, i tried to order 4'' of bs, summit tried to find me some, i even told them brand didn't matter and they checked everthing they carried and then got back on the phone and politely told me that all their 8 lug rims come in 3.5'' bs. that it was due to a clearance problem, so i told them to send me the heavy eaton monster truck wheels. i put them om my truck and i could drive thru fresh mud or snow and you could look at my wheeltrack and it was about 1' wider than tires on the stock steelies. and it made a huge difference in the way it looked, they made the truck look mean!!

15. Avery4jc

Well I just ordered them...should be here in a couple of days then I can start grinding...

-A

16. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I am not sure why anyone would want to order 15" rims new, knowing that you are gonna have to grind. Even if you already got the tires, trade them for some 16s. Avery lives in Cali, I am sure that there are plenty of Jeepers to swap with if that be the case.

17. Avery4jc

15's have a ton of available tires, they tend to be cheaper (the rim and the tires) and they have some nice features like the safety bead that you don't always get when you go up....

Couple minutes on the grinder is well worth that. Plus like you said I already have tires for 15's and the fronts are in great shape so I'll just get two new ones for the rear.

I already found a buyer for my front/rear 10b's and the rims...

What do you all think I should ask? I told him couple hundred and he could come get it all...front 10b, rear 10b (both have great brakes, the rears were just completely redone), all 4 rims and the front Rhino Truss....
    He is a guy from my church and is super cool, he told me to come up w/ a number and to make sure I ask enough, lol....

-Avery

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if he'll help you pull them, free is a good number. they're worthless anyways.

19. Avery4jc

maybe to you and me but you have to dirty yourself up and think like a Jeep guy, lol.

Actually he is going to do a Yota pickup as a little beater for the local trails and he wanted these to put under it.
    I don't really need help pulling them (although I wouldn't turn him down) because I have some buddies that want to come over and help out...not really car guys but hey its free muscle.

So if I said $200 for the axles, wheels and truss delivered to his house would that be fair? Or maybe more/less?

-Avery

20. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

if its rally rims they r worth that by them selves. that is very very reasonable. i get 250 for just the front and rear..no rims tiresor truss your practicly given em away at that.