Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who runs arched TC 52/56" ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by txfiremank5, Dec 27, 2005.

1. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Did a search but theres just too many threads with 52/56 etc.

I know at least a couple of folks on here are/were running the TC 2" arched 52's up front. I'm curious how you like the flex/ride etc. Also interested to know if it gave you 6", or did it end up being more etc. Any input is welcomed. :thumb:

Also always interested to hear from anyone running stock 52/56's on a DD. I'd like to get an idea on road stablility etc. I need to figure out once and for all what I'm going to do on my suspension. Thanks fellers. :D

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Mmmm. I'm just finishing mine up, and at least in my case there is rather more body sway. It's fine for me as mine is NOT a DD ... but I'd be throwing more money at shocks and spending more time fine-tuning them if it was.

Arched (lifted) springs might be better for that, stiffer. I'm looking forward to flexing mine, but she certainly is wiggly :eek:

-- A

3. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I plan on putting 56" lifted tuff country springs up front. I'm going with the 4" lift ones thou.. they aren't installed yet but when they are i will post up..

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone else running 'em?

5. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

im running 2" lift 52's up front i got them so i could have more up travel.i have stock 56's in the back so they will droop out a little more than the lift ones ..... i have a theory that good up travel and decent droop is great for the front to suck up obsticles and the back have decent uptravel with good droop so the rear will drop into the obstacles .. not sure if its gonna be the best setup for my application but i think its the way to go ... i just gotta test it on some trails once the 500 and 60 goes in