Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who runs bias Hawgs on the street?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Nov 26, 2006.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

after talking to a bunch of guys who run the local mud bogs today, i've figured out that the tire that seems to do well on a truck like i'm building is the Ground Hawg. i know these things are supposed to wear like iron, but does that go for the bias version, or is it just the radial version? not going to get into any trail running just yet, as i want to keep this truck nice and straight until at least the summer of '09, from then on who knows...

2. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

from what i know bias ply..no experiance with the radial...my buddy had a set of 44s last about 10 years on his truck...they look goood and are preety good in the mud also...im gonna run the 40s on my street queen burb but i run boggers on the trail rig blazer...

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anybody else? :dunno:

i just found out off of Interco's site that they make Hawgs in 38.5" and 40" sizes for 17" wheels. looks like i wont have to "settle" for a 16.5" rim after all. :saweet:

4. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I run 16.1 hawg's on the front of my backhoe

5. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

Being's that they are bias ply, won't they flex okay for trail use as well? I ask because I know where their is some 38's for sale here locally.