Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who says 3/4 ton springs cant flex?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Feb 21, 2005.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Try telling that to my burban. The ORD flip rules I have to attribute much of this to the perfect shackle angle it provides.

22.jpg

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

56s flex great, who says they don't?

Wish my 3/4 ton burb flexed like that though.

3. afroman006

Not that they're 56's its that they are 7 leaf 3/4 ton packs. All the little toyota and jeep people were blown away by that much flex.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That looks pretty nuts!

You should photoshop that image and try to lighten it up a little bit..... you know, if it were a TV it would be the "brightness" knob. I think it would be even more impressive looking if that drooping tire wasn't in such a dark shadow.

:waytogo:

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Jah ... that's stock springs and an ORD flip? Dang.

As Greg says, it looks better lightened ... a little fiddling on the whole pic, or just the money shot :D ...

-- A

22a.jpg

22b.jpg

6. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

how do you have your shocks setup? my sub flexs pretty good but I'm limited by the shocks on both ends.

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Your front fender.:p:

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Downtravel between 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton 56's should be the same. The main leaf is the same spring rate and that is what determines the amount of droop. I bet a 1/2 ton 56" spring will stuff alot better then your 3/4 ton spring will because it has less spring rate because of the less leaves in the spring pack.

Harley

9. afroman006

You're probably right about them not stuffing at all. My rear springs sit FLAT at ride height so there isnt alot of uptravel going on there. The fronts are Tuff Country 6"ers BTW. The rear shocks are in factory location. 12" travel Pro-comp MX-6's. They might have been limiting flex in that pic for all I know. That is by far the hardest I've ever flexed it and I didnt sit there much longer than it took to take the pic.

10. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

Afroman,

Those pics aren't from Gilmer by any chance, are they?? I was there with my Toyota buddies, two cut and caged 4 Runners and two toyota trucks...I know, not Chevy's, but I had to go wheelin since the Blazer isn't ready yet. That was my first time in Gilmer and I LOVED it!!! Will definetly be taking the Blazer there to test it out. Hope you guys had fun, and SWEET flex pics.

11. afroman006

Yah it was! I saw the two chopped 4 runners. You might have met my friend. He was the guy riding around on the bike asking if anyone had any extra toyota springs. We were camped right down the road from yall. Gilmer was awsome I loved it but it doesnt have very many fullsize trails. If you like water try the "CM..." trail we got a few jeeps stuck there and it looked wide enough for fullsizes. I bought a annual membership so I definately plan on going back.

12. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

We were lookin at your Sub and noticed the D60 and figured it wasn't just a Mall runner. We were all pretty impressed.

I think we rode with one of your buddies named Jason, he had a Toyota on 35's that worked really well. I've got some pics of the yota's flexin, but didnt think anyone on the board would want to see them :rotfl: :shame: . We spent most of the day on the 3 and 4 diamond trails and Spider Ravine killed one of the 4 runners (he broke a inner) but i'm not sure my Blazer (that they call "fat boy") would have made it.

Where do you guys usually ride around College Station?

13. afroman006

Everywhere else in Texas LOL. There is an offroad park in Bryan but none of us have been there because of politic bull**** with another local club. Our Yota guy knew Jason but I've never met him. Here's the link to our trip report.

http://www.tamor.org/events/album15

14. short sub

short sub Registered Member

what kind of rear springs are you running- are they bone stock just with a shackle flip? flexes nice man btw i just moved from cs last semester but still live kinda close- id like to keep in touch and ride with another burban guy hit me up on aol or sumthing sometime if ya want to.

lata ryan

15. afroman006

They are bone stock 3/4 ton 56" rear springs. I goose hunt in Seally a few times a year. We are going to Gilmer again in a couple of weeks as a leg of our spring break trip.

16. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Looks sweet! I love those old 89-91 burb's!