Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who sells d60 front ubolts for a chevy????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Dec 29, 2003.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I cannot find u-bolts for my truck. I am trying to put a d60 under the front of my truck. A d44 was there.
    Now my truck is a
    1979 Chevy ¾ ton had a d44
    d60 is from a
    1979 GMC k35 and a d60.
    I need the drivers side u-bolts and the passenger side u-bolt and studs. I CANNOT FIND THEM ANYWHERE!!! Even skyjacker doesn’t have these (they told me that they dont carry a 1 ton kit). Don’t people always do a d60 conversion?!?!?!?!?!?
    They are a U not square
    5/8 is the size that uses a 15/16 nut
    drivers side is 3" inner to inner x2
    passenger side is 4" inner to inner x1????

can anyone asssit???

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Sorry can't help ya, I had mine custom made by a local shop

3. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

boyce will send you a set pretty quick - imo they are however a bit higher than other places (1-800-748-4269). if you are going to put anything over a 4 inch spring, you should get some bolts for the pass side from a hardware store. i have the stock bolts with 4 inch springs and i only have about one inch of threads in the axel.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Call offroad Design they carry them $40 for the 3 ubolts and the 2 bolts with hardware

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Skyjacker part no. #UCCF

Superlift part no. #3418

Rancho part no. #RS738

These are proof numbers that I've bought before. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    Skyjacker part no. #UCCF

Superlift part no. #3418

Rancho part no. #RS738

These are proof numbers that I've bought before. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

u know that is funny.. I called skyjacker and the guy told me the kit was $30. So I asked him if he had the dimensions of the ubolts on the box and he said yeah...the biggest one in the box was 3 1/2 from inner to inner... well that isnt big enough.. he even said the studs and nuts were there... well i told him I would get back to him because I wanted to measure everything back up... so I called back and the next guy I got told me that they didnt carry a kit for a 1 ton let alone no kit came with the studs.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

aight with this stuff i can now call back... thanks...

7. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    Skyjacker part no. #UCCF

Superlift part no. #3418

Rancho part no. #RS738

[/ QUOTE ]

u know that is funny.. I called skyjacker and the guy told me the kit was $30. So I asked him if he had the dimensions of the ubolts on the box and he said yeah...the biggest one in the box was 3 1/2 from inner to inner... well that isnt big enough.. he even said the studs and nuts were there... well i told him I would get back to him because I wanted to measure everything back up... so I called back and the next guy I got told me that they didnt carry a kit for a 1 ton let alone no kit came with the studs.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

aight with this stuff i can now call back... thanks...

8. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I find it entertainingly ironic that you came back here for this info. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    I find it entertainingly ironic that you came back here for this info. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? i put it on here, ps.com and fsc.com.... i need all the help i can get.. so far 1 month headache is killin me... I DONT WANNA MAKE MY OWN!!! MURPHY GETS ME EVERY TIME!!! i will start driving and realize i left my axle down the road!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that because you swore off this site when the forum access changed 3 months ago.

11. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that because you swore off this site when the forum access changed 3 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Just get em made.

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

agreed, any spring shop can make em for $7-8 a u-bolt.

j

14. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

err i guess i need to re-read my old posts.. i have been thinking of paying to be a member.... Yes it was discourraging at first but I started a new job on Oct 13 and dont have any extra time now.... I pretty much have no time in my lift to browse the web anymore. And I used to do that at work where my current job I will get escourted out!!!!! so i guess i realized that i was missing out on alot... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. RootBreaker

aight.. called skyjacker and they gave me a place to call to order them... well they were out so i gave him rancho and superlift... he is sending me a set from superlift for $48 + $8 shipping... YIPPIE!!!! YALL R GODS!!! well i wont go that far...

16. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Good choice with the Superlifts. They have 2 studs with the kit rather than 2 grade 8 bolts like the Rancho kit has. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I got my kit from superlift and the studs and u-bolts were WAAAAAAAAY too long. Even with a zero rate up front there's 1" of unused stud and ubolt with no threads. I had to rig up some washers to take up the slack. No I'm not driving it like this, I'll be calling ORD to have them send me a set of U-bolts when I buy my new lift kit.

18. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

whats so bad about 2 grade 8bolts? The only thing I can think of is thats just that many more times you turn that bolt in and out of the axle and chance striping it... or mabe how it looks.... is there another reason? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

19. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

I ordered my u bolts and studs from ORD and the studs were still way to long for my 6 inch tuff countries.I had to reuse the bolts till i can get a proper hardened studs made.

20. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Did you look to have some made localy?

I paid $22 to have the 3 ubolts made yesterday and $3 on two grade 8 bolts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif