Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who skydives??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Redfrog, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I'm going for my first time ever in June. who else here jumps?

2. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

landsmasher does. I'm sure he will respond. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Not Me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Not me, that is nuckin futz if you ask me. I know I don't want to throw myself out of a perfectly good airplane for any reason. But to each there own. If you like it more power to you. I personally won't do it. I have enough hobbies that can be dangerous and expensive as it is.

Offroading
    Hunting
    Shooting
    Living in the ghetto
    Paintball
    Bowhunting
    Repelling
    Being white in the ghetto
    Fishing
    Having a best friend with a very shady ghetto brother (that now apparently want to kill you)

5. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Having a best friend with a very shady ghetto brother (that now apparently want to kill you)

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I think I would rather take my chances jumping out of a perfectly good plane /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One of my buddies is getting married the second week in June, We had talked about doing it so I figured might as well do it before we both loose the sack to do it. I am looking foward to it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have jumped before - I think it was 1976. Those old military chutes land hard let me tell-ya.

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Yep... Been doing it since 1982. Are you going for a Tandem Jump? Where are you going to make the jump? There is a huge dropzone in Quincy...

Visit my Skydiving Website... www.airtrash.com

[​IMG]

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Not yet.

But it is on my "to do" list!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

you'll love it. I've been several times and I hope to get all of the certifications done while I'm in grad school starting in Aug. I figure that will be a good way to take a break from studying.....

11. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I think we are going for the Tandem for the free fall,and to make sure I even like it, After that I think I may go back and Take the classes for it and do the Static Line jumps.
    There is a place about a hour from us in Taylorville,
    http://web.theinter.com/~maspc/
    I know a few people that have went there aned they recommended it.

38 Days and counting /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. awagliar

awagliar Registered Member

Kickass! I've done the tandem free-fall a couple times. It's quite a rush, 11K down to 6K in less than a minute, spinning around with a great view of the surrounding countryside/flatland/whatever. I've started the static-line training a few times, but always been interrupted before completing. And if you don't jump for six months (I think), you have to start over!

Besides, I enjoy hang gliding a lot more. The flights are potentially a lot longer, and if you screw up, then you get to come down under canopy. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

But then again, I'm not quite sane.

Have a great time!

13. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hey Awagliar, I started hang gliding before I started skydiving. I like both. Two completely different sports... Only thing they have in common is that they both take place in the air... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Take a look at my hang gliding website.. www.theeteam.org

[​IMG]

14. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I went on a tandem one time and it was the most awesome thing I've ever done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Talk about an adrenaline rush! I was amped for 2 days after and would do it again in a heart beat if I could talk any of my sissy friends into going with me! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif