Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who still has drums up front?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JIMs70K25, May 28, 2003.

1. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

I do and need new ones, what pita!

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i do but i also have the disk and will be swapping as soon as i get home. my personal advice is loose them soon and swap in disc. mine put me into a wall on the interstate /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif and then i decided they had to go. wish you better luck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif if you cant find the drums get the ones for the trucks. they are the same. i hate trying to get parts for my blazer front end. they freaking argue with me like i dont know what the hell is on my truck and that blazers didnt come that year. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

have fun /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    nathan
    69K5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I've got 'em. Stops pretty good two or three times and then they heat up and fade so I just downshift frequently. For some reason, all the parts stores I went to(Advance, Autozone, Pepboys, and assorted others) say the wheel cylinders for the 1970 are no longer available but the 69's are. I bought the '69 wheel cylinders and they fit and have worked well for about a year now. And if your truck is lifted you will have to have custom longer front brake lines made.

Evan

4. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Yea, I got the 69 wheel cylinders also. Mine's only lifted 2". I've replaced everything but the drums and still have my problem w/ it felling like the brake is grabbing but not jerking the truck to the side if that makes sense. Supposedly NAPA has the drums and I'll find out today.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

the driver side has less room to get to the bleed screw so its a pain. the 69 parts will work for all years for the wheel cylinders justcheck and make sure they gave you front and not rears before you leave. the only difference is the direction the bleed screw points and price. might just rebuild em for 2.50 a piece and save 30.00 on both sides that way. its easy to do.

nathan
    69K5