Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who took pictures on the AZ FS run?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ddragggon, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

who all took pictures on the AZFS run? that guy with the jeep who said he was a freelance photographer, and then the guy with the toyota rock buggy seemed like he was from a magazine... I'm curious if anyone got pictures of my undercarriage, since I showed it off so many times that day. I'm also curious if that guy was from one of the 4x4 mags, and if by some complete fluke, my ugly K20 is going to land in a magazine....

thankyou in advance,

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Top...

I figgure those taking pictures are still wheeling, since its a 3 day weekend for a lot of people.

-Rich

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Pretty sure the guy in the Flatbed Toy was Jay Kopyczinsky (sp?). He writes for several of the Peterson's mags - I think.

Wasn't there several people takin' videos too?

Marv

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I think there were... I dunno who they were, but I know 1 was one of FWP's friends... I dunno if he's on this site or not, but he was the guy with the mid 80's tan GMC longbed k25.

-Rich

5. FWP

FWP CRS

I got a few pics, haven't had a chance to scan em yet. Moose and AZBlazer should have some good ones, as well as Doubleduece- who also took video.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

6. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Registered Member

I got some video not sure who all is on it. but As soon as I can get it on cd I will edit it and find out who all is on it. Didn't get much pics was spending a lot of time waiting in line or with the video cam. If I could a list of who all was there and what they drove I can contact those who I got on tape and get them a copy. Just send me a pm with your info.
    I was the one with the Tan 83' 3/4 ton GMC. Also If any of you guys got some pics of me If you could get me copies I would appreciate it. Spent most of my time taking pics of everyone else thanks. Don

7. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I got pictures I'll post when I get a chance... started new job today, so I'm quite busy.
    I do have a really pretty stub axle in about 10 pieces though... need to take some pics of that too.

Sean (white chevy p/u) took out the passenger side inner axle with about the cleanest break I've ever seen, axle looks like it was cut in half on a lathe. Also broke drivers side u-joint, shattered the spider gears, &amp; tore the steering box damn near all the way off the frame...
    One other truck broke a axle joint...
    that was really about all the major carnage I know of, except for Marv's crossmember.

My Ford has chevy parts! it's all good!

8. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

oh, Jay does do freelance work for the big magazines, but there's no guarantee anything will get printed &amp; Keith in the TJ's site is <a target="_blank" href=http://www.imagination-photo.com>www.imagination-photo.com</a> &amp; his pics are posted under "fullsize revolution"

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

W00t! new desktop picture at work!

thankyou!

-Rich

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

What info can I get about that 60'ish Willy's Wagon.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

umm... the owner said it was fun to drive, and figgured my suburban looked fun, with the way I put a rear wheel 2 feet into the air on one of the obstacles..... I asked a few questions, but not too much about it. if I recall, its got manual steering, and its locked front and rear.... ( on one of the obstacles, the passenger was called in to help force the wheel to turn) other then that, it looked good, sounded great, and took on everything we did.

-Rich

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Must of had Yota or jeep axels, possible even fords. I know my chevy axels are way wide, same kinda front bumper set up I'm looking at doing.

When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

13. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

actually whatever you want to know, I probably already know or can find out for ya... I've know Mike for 5 years, although I don't see him a whole lot anymore

Anywho, it's a '50 I belive, GM eng &amp; trans, I think it's a D300 t-case, D44s out of a 76 cherokee, both with ARBs &amp; 4.27 gears. It does have power steering, but it's seen it's better days &amp; don't work so well anymore. Anything else, just ask &amp; I'll see if I can find out

My Ford has chevy parts! it's all good!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by NoRulz on 11/13/01 06:20 PM.</FONT></P>

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Can I get some 360* pics? I could use some motor shots for a better idea of engine room.
    It is in the late 50's early 60's it is what they called a Maverick( not the econo car) it has a flatter roof line.

55 Willy's

15. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I'll try to get some for ya man, it'll probably be a while though