Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who uses skid plates on your axles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Mar 20, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

after watching the TOP TRUCK CHALLENGE video, (why didn't they use e'm watching thier u-joint grind)? who does use them?? thanks daryl and i did search /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. boggerless

PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

When I had my Bronco, I put a Dynatrac one on my front TTB. I protected the diff and used the lower bolts. I never had a problem with it and it took a few knocks that the front of the TTB arm would've taken. I had swapped a 10.25 Sterling into the rear. I slapped a Go Rhino skid plate that had plate that cupped the rear diff and mounted out on the axle tubes with bolts and clamps. Every time a whacked a rock or something good, the stupid thing would twist around the axle and end up pointing straight down. It didn't matter how tight I clamped it, it still spun when taking a good hit. Finally on one trip it ended up being pulled off and thrown in the back of the rig until I got home and found a better spot for it....

4. boggerless

that sucks it didn't work.did the sterling work?? i wonder about the skid plates because i'm not a slow wheeler. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Billy Ray runs one on his truggy. I ganked this pic from his website... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

what kind of plate is that?

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I don't have a clue... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif... I think he bought it from some Okie. You can shoot Billy Ray a pm fer the specs... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i don't like land anchors. my junk drags, and when its hung up, it gets more go-juice

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

The 10.25 Sterling was great, except for the fact it was a semi-floater and lockers were hard to come by.

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i "found" the one on my 96 dually the other day going into the gravel pit...
    it was rather funny.
    works great.

i was thinking about putting one on my Rear D60 once i go rearsteer. but thats a couple years away.
    Grant

11. boggerless

thanks , i always thought of them as shovels but you guys have me looking for rocks now.every time i pass this land scaping yard i wonder how pissed they would be if i tried on thiers? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

My Dad's '75 came with a front diff skid plate from the dealer. I wish I still knew where it was, but I think it got thrown in the scrap pile when we tore it apart 5 years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif