Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Who wants free money?"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jun 21, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

'Cash in air' police urge payback

[​IMG] Some of the money has been handed to police

Police have appealed to people to return thousands of pounds which was thrown into the air on a pedestrian crossing in Aberystwyth.
    Passers-by and motorists rushed to pick up around £5,000 in cash on Monday, seconds after a man was heard to shout: "Who wants free money?"
    Urging people to hand in the cash, Dyfed-Powys Police said inquiries were continuing to establish its source.
    After the incident, police arrested a 40-year-old man for driving offences.
    Chief Inspector Huw Meredith, based in Aberystwyth, said the man was thought to have thrown away about £5,000, although police said on Tuesday that a proportion had been handed in.
    "Inquiries are continuing to establish where the money came from," said Chief Insp Meredith.

"If people picked up the money we would ask them to hand it to the police."
    Police said no action would be taken against people who returned the money.
    The incident, which happened in Alexandra Road at 1100 BST, caused chaos as drivers and pedestrians, some on their hands and knees, picked up the money.
    John Morris saw what happened from outside his shop in nearby Terrace Road.
    He also caught the act on his CCTV system which scans the area near the town's railway station.
    "I just couldn't believe my eyes," said Mr Morris. "All the money was in £20 notes and I've heard rumours that the man threw about £20,000 away.
    "People were shocked and just couldn't believe it.
    'It caused bedlam'
    "It was like something out of the movies. It caused bedlam - people were on their hands and knees eagerly picking the money up.
    "I heard that one person picked up about £800, and another banked about £150 this morning so it wasn't fake money."
    On Tuesday, Dyfed-Powys Police confirmed a man from Aberystwyth had thrown a sum of money in the air in Alexandra Road before driving away. The police added that some of the cash had been retrieved, and said that a man was later arrested in Aberaeron for driving offences.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/5101794.stm

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

...if someone threw money at me Im doubting I would turn it in.

And what the hell is BEDLAM

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

bed·lam (bĕd'ləm) [​IMG]
    n.
    1. A place or situation of noisy uproar and confusion.
    AKA: Tellico!!!

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

If it was'nt stolen money wtf is the big deal about keeping it? The guy may or may not be mental but I would keep a handfull. Rich people are'nt mental their eccentric.