Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who wants to appear in the 2006 "Rigs of CK5" calendar?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Can Can, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

OK, brothers, I just got the word from the bossman, and we're a go for the 2006 edition of the "Rigs of CK5" calendar. Unfortunately, thanks to a couple of poorly behaved former members, Steve and I decided it would be best not to go ahead with the "Girls" calendar. I know it's a shame- my wife appeared in both Girls calendars to date and enjoyed being involved- but a few feelings were hurt and we don't need a replay of that.

Anyhow, we are now accepting high quality pics of K-series rigs and truggies in action. If you got last year's calendar, you know what kind of thing we're looking for. THERE ARE ONLY 12 SLOTS AVAILABLE!!!!! We will be choosing pics based on picture quality, background scenery and overall badass-ness. We are not looking for driveway shots. Keep in mind that an awesome picture of a mild rig will beat out an average picture of a fully-modded ride.

Pics should be taken "long side down" and 1200 x 1600 pixels to ensure the quality is still good on paper. You can submit pics to me by email at unan@telus.net . Inlcude your username, real name, and the following specs: year, model, engine/tranny/TC, axles, lift(spring/body), tires/wheels and any goodies you may have added on.

Please post any questions you have in this post so I can keep track of things, brothers. Good luck!!!

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

What is the deadline for the pics?

3. Can Can

Ooops!!!! The submission deadline is Sept 15.

4. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I think its a cool idea for doing a calender that represents the site, and i was thinking since there are only twelve slots, why couldn't you just take all of the Rigs of the Month, from the year before or something, and use those for the calenders. Members hear vote on them every month, so people would get what the voted for. Just a thought thou.
    Cory

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good to hear the rigs calender is a go...but a REAL shame that a couple of jerks has wrecked the girls calender. No, it's not that I'm a weirdo and get off on looking at other mens wives drapped over their trucks (well...not too weird) but it was just such a 'CK5 family' thing. Like I say....a REAL shame.

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Sweet! When My rig's done I'll be sure to get a pic in to you :)

7. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

For the pics entered, can levels be touched in photoshop?

8. Can Can

I fully agree for 2 reasons:

1. I don't really take my truck offroad. Having a "Girls" calendar gave me the opportunity to show off my truck. Now I'm screwed...... :rotfl:

2. It was cool to have my wife on the wall beside my desk at work for a full month once a year.

9. Can Can

That's Kim's area of expertise. I'll ask her when she gets home, brother.

10. Can Can

Using the Rigs Of The Month is a cool concept, but this way other members get a chance to showcase their trucks. Like I said, this is open to ALL K-series trucks, not just the tough modded-out rigs that usually get voted in.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sept 15? Im in. I'll be caged, narrowed and bling bling by then. I was already planning on making a wheelin' trip in late august... that'll be a good time to get pics. :)

j

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Two e-mails sent!

Thanks for going through the work of putting the calendar together! :bow: :bow: :waytogo:

13. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    That really sucks. Sounds like because of a few, they wreck it for the rest.
    Doesn't that happen with wheelin too? Maybe we should give it up too because of a few. Sorry but I don't think it's a fair call.
    If guys start cutting down the rigs picked, does that mean next year will be no calendar?
    I'm out..............and burnt :( :mad:

14. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

What about using GM of the month pic's :pimp:

15. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know it's rough on the girls to get critism from dorks who should know better (and prob wouldn't say it to their faces) but surely the girls can make their own decision whether to appear in print or not?
    How about some of the wives letting us know if they are willing? All you need is 12 willing girls (been dreaming of that moment all my life!!! :grin: ) and you have a calender! We ain't looking for top flight models are we? I'd rather see a REAL woman, and more importantly, part of the CK5 family on the page anyway....so how about it girls?

16. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

Yeah it would be sweet to have a girls calendar, but if the big man says no it sounds like it is a done deal (just a bummer).

Canmore, thanks for the effort you and your wife put forth getting this thing together - I don't know if you guys get thanked enough. Good luck with it.

17. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I’ve actually thought about a family calendar where you would have to have at least one child in the picture, and no not your hot 17 year old semi nude Daughter. :blush: But a family oriented safe for the office family type of thing preferably with the whole family.

18. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

Then that leaves those of us who are married but without children(but trying) out of the calendar...not fair either...I say if the women are willing then onward with the calender :waytogo: :whistle:

19. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

sucdks about the girls cal, but im all for the rig cal also!!

e mail sent

20. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I must have missed out on the comments about the girls calendar that got it cut (can someone link me to the thread?) but either way it does suck. My wife is about the only thing that made my truck worthy of being in a calendar so I think I’ll have to pass this time around.