Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who wants to be the next SoCal Video featured truck?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, Mar 18, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'm having such a good time with these videos that I want to start filming other peoples rigs, maybe produce a full blown off-road video. I've just downed my truck temporarily to update some gear and fab work but in about a week I'll be mobile and ready to film again. Any takers??? Azusa?

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I'm sure the guys going to Azusa would love you to film them! Probably even get them to break more stuff than they would have originally! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ha,ha I was hoping to take advantage of this last snow we just got, but looks like I will be stuck at home this weekend putting in my new D60! he,he We will be going up and doing John Bull and the other Big Bear trails the weekend of April 20th-21st, so maybe plan on that?

Sounds cool! And we have all seen your quality videos, they rock!

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Cool, sounds like a plan. I just bought a bunch of production gear and getting ready to pitch for a DVD burner. I've been a little exagerative on some of the recent clips just for lack of footage, but once I can get a good stock to work from I can produce much better end results! I'd like to get a years worth of content and have a menu driven DVD for CK5 members, or SoCal Big Dawgs where indevidual trucks could be chaptered as well as a full on feature! From what I've seen of this group so far, I'm sure it could be marketed to the general public and get a following!

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I think you're on to something here! I'm sure we could get you some quality footage! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'm game! We could play: "who can get the most stuck" at Azusa!

6. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

Im in but my rig wont be ready til the end of the summer /forums/images/icons/frown.gif but i can do some filming & editing (majoring in TV/Film)

7. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Excellent, this is coming together well. My coworker who ran the camera in the previous footage wants to come as well and will bring a second DV cam. If you have a DV cam, we would have a 3 camera shoot, lots of little tricks here could create some seriously compelling footage! I better get my books straight now though to make sure I make it!

The getting stuck footage is good, getting out footage is better!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

AZUSA April 7th. So far there are about 6 trucks going so it should produce some good results./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

well im out for now this cause i only have a hi8 and wont have my mega pixel til the end of summer but ill still prolly bring my camera along and then just edit something together @ school.

10. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

i got a trv-900 mini dv and a sony deck connected to a dual641ghz with final cut pro for editing

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The hardest thing with the Hi8 is capturing it in its native size (640x480 normal or 720x480 widescreen) without a dual processor (analog to digital conversion takes muscle and a fast hard drive) but since we have 86K5TrailBlazer's capture box, we might be able to take advantage of it after all! Cool!

12. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Perfect, I've got a TRV120 and firewire capture which doesn't take any horsepower to capture. I'll be bringing out a Cannon GL1 as well and might be able to grab a Cannon XL1 as well. Heck, with this many cameras, we could pull off some neat tricks like freeze frame shots which pan around the vehicle like you see in those tricky comercials! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

sounds awseome i have been thingking about alot of the same things you are, just trying to find the time to dit it. But hey I am game for whatever. I got DVD burners too (2) well I have two silveice g4's the 867 with a gig ram and 180 gig hard drive raid card and superdrive (CD-R/RW and DVD-R 4.7 gigs as well as the new dual gig with a gig of ram but only 80 gig hard drive but have adobe suite, final cut, after fx etc etc. and a pc with 3ds MAX and agig ram dual xeon and a the old Intergraph 3d card. mic Motu 828 firewire audio for the macs too

14. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Hey, one of your DVD burners isn't a Pioneer A03 by chance is it? I've read a ton on their compatibility with most consumer grade DVD players (works in 85% of players). I have a copy of DVDit 2.5 Professional but haven't used it to build a DVD yet, what do you use? It seams there is still quite a bit of variance accross DVD players and the DVD's they support.. I wish they would just lock down the standard already!!! Well, I think we've got what it will take to really put together a primo video. I can't wait!

15. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

i just got rid of the bronco maybe show the build up of my big block k5 i'm currently waiting on my 6" spring for the front and ord shackle flip for the rear right now richard loaned me his old 2" either way i'll be at azusa!

16. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

You can film me pulling Mike (throttle boss) out, more than once I'm sure.

Esteban should I look for you in the same place? Knee deep.

17. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

ME ME !!
    WHERES AZUZSA ?

18. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It is North on Asusa from the 210. Don't worry it will only be a 240mi drive for you...each way!

<a target="_blank" href=http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&amp;tarname=&amp;tardesc=&amp;osd=&amp;newname=&amp;newdesc=&amp;dsd=&amp;newHash=&amp;newTHash=&amp;newErr=&amp;newTErr=&amp;tlt=&amp;tln=&amp;slt=&amp;sln=&amp;newFL=Use+Address+Below&amp;newaddr=el+centro&amp;newcsz=El+Centro%2C+CA&amp;newcountry=us&amp;newTFL=Use+Address+Below&amp;newtaddr=&amp;newtcsz=azusa%2C+ca&amp;newtcountry=us&amp;Submit=Get+Directions>Directions from El Centro to Azusa</a>

19. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Knee deep i'm sure. But this time I'll be helping YOU out instead of you helping me out. HOPEFULLY/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

20. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Is there a meeting place everyone has agreed upon yet?