Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who wants to see Pure Insanity stuck?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I have a 90 sec (roughly) video of PI stuck twice. It was made by Badshark from here. Of course he got NO footage of PI actually MOVING. He Emailed me the small version w/ no sound. I am supposed to be getting a version thats set to music I guess.

If someone will host the vid for me Ill Email it to you.

Before I send it out let me narrate. Stuck 1 I was happily gettin along when I fell into what may have been a gator hole. To anyone outside of Fla that doesnt know what that is.....Its a hole under water where an alligator /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif has "bedded down" rolled around or whatever. Basicly it has nice walls around it that will stop you in your tracks. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I managed to start clawing up the wall when I dug it to the axles. in the vid it doesnt look like much but my rockers are over 3 feet off the ground and when I opened the drivers door (duuuh) water and mud came rushing in. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The left rear 38 was a good 10-12 inches under water. It was twisted up pretty good. The vid doesnt do this stuck justice, he was on the shallow side shooting. Its the side you cant see thats worse. I am hoping the 2nd vid has me walking across the roof carrying the straps and clevis. You can just catch me stepping off the roof at one point in this version.

The 2nd stuck I was pulling 2 dead Samuris from about 120 feet out in the hole. 1 smoked his clutch, pulling out the 1st, and the other was on the axles. I should have hit them harder and used a longer strap. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I tried to just bump them out and dug myself a good hole and put it on the axles. (When my buddy pulls me out, watch how hard the strap snaps out of the water.) He had 100 feet of running room wide open, and was almost to dry land when he hit me. He went back in from a different angle w/ the same 100 feet of strap and was able to get them out. I ripped a tranny mount bolt out (threads and all) so I was done pulling for the moment.

Heres the bad part..... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif BOTH times he has vid of me getting pulled, its by a Jeep. But this is no normal Jeep trust me, built SBC, TH350, 205, 39 Boggers yadda yadda. Jeep on steriods. Which he dogs me about in the video. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

The 3rd time he DIDNT get on vid. He skirted the edge of a hole he had gotten stuck in twice before, and, well....Me being me....dove in the middle where I KNEW it was deep. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I was OK till I started dragging the 14 on the ruts. OOPS party over. badshark pulled me out (BARELY) on the 3rd one which is why he has no footage of that. He still owes me 2 more pulls from the last time we went out where I just sat in the same place and would back up to him cuz he kept getting stuck in the same place to pull him. His 3rd stick was headlite deep on a 4 and 35s.

All in all it was fun, and the rear will be getting Lincoln'ed soon. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3. Pure Insanity

I just went and looked at the video again and when I am trying to pull the Zuks we had unhooked the 2nd one and I was trying to get 1 at a time at that point.

Also if you look closely at the right rear tire you can see its up in the wheel well at the beginning of the vid. its not normally there. The tires on PI are about even w/ the rockers.

Just need someone to host it for me since I have no idea how to do it and post a link to it for me.

4. Pure Insanity

Thanx Paul...You have mail.

Im goin to bed, yall have fun ragging on me.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How are you ever going to live that one down ???? Oh man, being pulled out by of all things, a heep !!!!

6. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

This I gotta see /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can one of y'all send it my way if you don't get it posted?

7. Pure Insanity

Did you put the vid on your site Paul?

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't know how to do that. I'm not that computer savy.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

please send one my way to!!

zonz_99@yahoo.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

E-mail it to me. I can host it on my site.

11. Pure Insanity

Itll be coming your way in a bit Sandman. Thanx!

12. Pure Insanity

Oh and could you put a link to it on this thread for me when you get it up please. Thanx again.

13. Sandman

Here you go! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Movies

Yours is Steve playin in the mud.

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thanx! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wont play for me at school ill try it when i get home though

16. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

wILL NOT PLAY AT WORK?

17. Pure Insanity

Worked for me at home. THANX!

18. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what?? no sound!!??

19. Sandman

No problem. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dont know on the sound. Even on the one that I got in the e-mail didnt have any sound. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

20. Pure Insanity

[ QUOTE ]
    He Emailed me the small version w/ no sound. I am supposed to be getting a version thats set to music I guess

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Silent movie like back in the early days. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif