Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who was it.....??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Thumper, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

....that bobbed thier truck by cutting off the rear section across, then cut out 12", then welded the rear section back on?
    I have done a search but cant find it.
    Thanks
    Mike
    /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

MtPockets Did and Laketex did it also. Lake just bobbed and put a flat sheet in with some oval truck tail lights. MT welded the the top section of bed back on.

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

4. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i put some of my truck back together...sheetmetal only...the rear corners...tried to keep some of the chevy characteristic. i did cut 12" off the frame also...do you have a specific question?

5. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, my rear floor section is shot, and so are both of those cross braces at the rear where the tail gate hinges bolt on.
    Also, the bottom of the side pillars are rusty too where a pickup tailgate hinge bolts in. My tentative plan is to cut the truck
    across the back side to side, removing the rear ... 8" ... of box sides, remove the rear floor section as far forward ad the 2nd body mount from the back,
    and toss these pieces. I have acquired a pickup that is in real good shape at the back edge in the same place as mine, so I am thinking a guy can cut off the same places on the truck bed
    and weld it back onto my Jimmy where it goes. Sound feasible? I wanted to find the thread that detailed someone doing this except they went a step further and bobbed out 12" of body and frame.
    I dont think I need to bob the truck, but I definately need to replace the floor etc.

Thanks
    Mike