Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who went to clayton this weekend?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by laketex, May 26, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Saw a Black blazer on a trailer heading north on 75. Had a nice prerunner bumper and what looked like 6" lift and 31" ATs...You need some bigger tires dude!!!

LOL...nice looking blazer.

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

That was me. I normally run 35" Baja Claws, but then I can't fit on the trailer. Oh well, guess I have to get a bigger trailer. Ran Yanush, it was TOUGH. It is now rated 6+/extreme/winch only. Steering started crapping out 1/2 way. Hit a tree on one side and a rock on the other. Stephen Watson's Alcan susp. worked really well. I am using ALL of the 15" travel Pro Comp 3000's. Had a great time. Clayton is really tight. I don't recommend any K5 try Jojo's Yoyo or Jim and Juanita's, they are both too tight. Many places where trees would have to be cut. Couldn't get through with body damage. 3-stage and Snake pit are now officially closed.

3. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

YEP BEEN UP BOTH OF THEM. TIGHT FOR A BLAZER BUT GOOD TRAILS.

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

MY TRAILER I MADE SOME FENDERS OUT OF STEAL. NOW I JUST DRIVE RIGHT OVER THE FENDERS. (I RUN 42/15/15 T.S.L.) J&J TRAIL IS A LITTLE TIGHT I GOT A LOT OF BODY DAMAGE THE LAST RUN I MADE THERE. THE RUN THROUGH THE CREEK WITH THE LARGE ROCKS IS ALOT OF FUN. WELL MAYBE I WILL SEE YA IN OK. ONE DAY.

5. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

We did jim and juanitas in march and took most of the trim off my blazer, hit two trees and one rock. Had a blast wish we could have made the run.

6. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Why didn't you guys come this weekend? Had a lot of fun. Maybe you guys will be available for the next run. I didn't know you did Jim & Juanita's. Did you go on Yanush? Eddie and Jason both recieved a lot of breakage.

7. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

We did a trail up at yanush but it wasnt the one fwd/fwd has, we went with Eddie and Marsha and a local friend of theirs.

What did Eddie break, I bet Marsha was pissed. I thought she was going to kick the crap out him at the mega run.

After the last trip up there I promised Melonnie we wouldnt go again untill the blazer gets a full cage(still getting the funds together). She got a little worried a couple of times.
    Later
    Butch

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

That explains it then. I'll be ready to run in a couple weeks. Maybe I can hook up with you guys for a weekend or something...nice looking k5 btw.

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks...
    BRG