Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who Wheels Around Nw Florida?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JEBSR, Jun 22, 2006.

1. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I am going to be towing my truck down to Fort Walton and Pensacola areas next month and need to know where I can wheel this thing in a 75 mile radius or so.

2. BLUEBLAZER88

BLUEBLAZER88 Registered Member

There Are A Couple Of Places Around Here But Not To Many.....there Used To Be Alot But The Cops Started Fining And Arresting Because The Land Is So Valuable Here....there Are Some Powerlines Out In Sandestin, A Place Called Mack Bayou.... There Is A Place In Navarre Thats I Belive Is Just Called The Pits, That Alot Of Big Trucks Have Gotten Stuck....just Not To Many Spots Anymore

3. 84zz4ss

84zz4ss 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

yeah I was down there this past weekend and got the same thing about the cops. All the places we used to go are just not usable without a very hefty fine. I'll have my bro-in-law check out those areas though. Thanks.

5. BLUEBLAZER88

BLUEBLAZER88 Registered Member

I Am From Ft Walton So I Am Not Familiar With P Cola But I Am Pretty Familiar The Other Way (more East) Try Washington Point, Or Alligator Point, The Spot In Mack Bayou Is Basically Right Accross From The Doughnut Hole....ill Post Some Awesome Picks So You Can See What Im Talkin About

6. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

In P-cola several places have been shut down and converted to State Parks in the past decade so wheeling is getting very limited. There is still some of the finest mud wheeling available at a place called "Jone's Swamp" . Beware, do not go alone and do not venture off into the saw-grass if it has rained lately.
    Other than local mud pits we usually have to travel to places like Gray-Rock to do any form of real wheeling that does not involve headlight deep mud holes.

Good luck , Tom

7. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

That would be great.

8. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

PM me your email @ JEBSR and ill ask my friend who lives in destin to contact you, hes got a 98 GMC Z71 pickup, i think its still stock, hes having tranny problems at the moment though but he will probably know some places =)

9. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I can't PM you, only full members can use the PM.