Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who wheels the PNW in a long wheel base rig?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by COCHEV, Mar 4, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i have a long bed truck and a burb at home. i'm dying to build another rig. i don't want to buy something else if i don't have too. i've been going through rigs like crazy sense i moved to Oregon and its cost me a lot of money over the long haul. so, should i build one or the other up, or should i look for another blazer or short wide to build? i've seen the pics of TSF and it looks like there are a few guys doing it in burbs. my buddy collin (k5blazerus) wheels in a long bed rig. give me some feedback.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Both Mike(Heavymetal) and I have burbs and wheel, mike more than me and love em...no offense to the blazer people cause i do like them (wife wants one now)but i'd rather own a burb...thats just me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would biuld the crap out of the burb if i were you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Frank (burbinOr)but I don't think he's wheeled it yet...

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I used to wheel all the time in my old LB F150. I loved it and wouldn't hesitate at all to wheel another one.

5. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Build the burb jason. I got some 33 ssr swampers you could start with.

6. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

that was my original idea, but now i'm starting to like my 4speed. might have to kick it old school and row my gears in. ditch the dual tanks for a cell in the bed. Aaaah, who knows. i'll change my mind on it a few 100 times before i figure it out /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

well you better figure it out before june /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif you got some spuds to spear /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I like my burb and wheelbase for wheeling. The only problems I have had are the more exposed rear driveshaft, and the extra ass end. I am hoping a doubler and cv joint rear driveshaft will cure the one problem. As for the extra ass end, I might cut a foot or so off the back. I have to get another daily driver before I do that though. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i'm workin on it!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. speedup

speedup Registered Member

I like my blazer. I can turn on a dime, which comes in very handy weaving between trees, rocks, trees, trees, and trees. I don't know how you burb guys do it. Must be a skill thing. (Flattery will get you anywhere. Which reminds me, anybody got any spare parts they want to give away? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

11. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I've wheeled with Mike(heavymetal),Jason (cornfed) and Brian (bigbadburb) all of them have burbs. brian's isnt the full body and wheelbase of one but it's still a burb. I have seen all of these guys wheel at Browns camp with no problem. somtimes the wheelbase seems to help them in ceartin areas. In my opinion I would just build up the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif, you can always get rid of rid of the sheetmetal that gets in the way, like the overhang that burbs have.There are a couple pics in my webshots of cornfed and bigbadburb, check them out.

12. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

I wheel a long bed Chevy.Wont mind a short bed sometimes.

13. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here is what I'd like to do to mine as soon as I get another daily driver.

[​IMG]

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that would be sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif