Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whoa! Hey Mister! Put the Gun Away Man!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Jun 10, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I was backing in the drive tonight in the K5 as I got home from work, and noticed a salesman of some sort at the front door talking to my wife. I got my brief case into my lap and pulled my .45 out of the center console (I can't carry it in the office, but carry it to and from work) and just as I was turning to exit the driver's door, I had the .45 raised over the steering wheel as I lifted my brief case out of my lap with my left hand, and basically turned to face the salesman at my door with the gun now almost pointing at his head.

I'm very careful about where I point my gun, and it was safely in its holster, and this guy was actually now between me and the door, so he chose a poor place to greet me...

As I locked eyes with him, I was a little startled too, and I leaned back into the truck, getting distance between him as a natural instinct. I dropped my brief case on the floor of the truck to leave my left hand ready to pull the holster off the gun. I left the next move up to this guy. He was way way way inside my personal space.

His eyes got the size of baseballs, he almost fell over backwards as he stumbled away, and he held his hands up in the air and yelled, "Whoa, Hey Mister! Put the gun away Man! I just want to talk!!!" By this time I had realized who he was and that he wasn't a threat, and was now relieved that he was backing off.

I guess lessons learned...

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Me- look carefully before exiting the vehicle with weapon in hand. Especially holstered, which really does me no good if I need to use it.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Salesman- Think twice before walking between a Redneck's driver's door and the Redneck exiting the vehicle without him knowing you're there.

No harm done and a good laugh was had by all. Well, except the salesman. He didn't make a sale. He was glad to leave without a gunshot wound, sales aside. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Been there, done that. glad everyone was OK. guy could have called the cops and made a mountain out of an ant hill.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've had it happen a few times, at work and coming home from work. Took the new 870 into work a few days ago to show the boss, that was a riot, going through town with a 12 guage in the passenger seat....

Of course every other pre 1990 truck has a gunrack....

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I bet he immediately went home and changed his shorts!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif