Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHOMp, etc, etc drama continued...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Nov 7, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Okay, I got new plugs in, tested the wires, looked for moisture in the distributor, and went thru the carb (which was clean). One problem. Severely fuel-fouled plugs. Couldn't spark because of it. Replaced plugs, reinstalled carb, replaced one semi-fried plug wire, and she ran GREAT! Exhaust smell was back to normal and everything... motor was purring like normal. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Parked it for the night, and today... you guessed it. It doesn't want to start. I am ass u m-ing that there is fuel in the clyinders again today. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

WTF makes the QJet dump raw fuel?

Anyone? Bueler!??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-Dan

2. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I don't know if this will apply to your truck, but my motorcycle was doing that because there was water in the float bowl. I don't know if truck carbs have float bowls or whatever, cuz my Diesel doesn't have a carb /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Anybody else verify or shoot this theory down?

3. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Man, I know what you are going through. My Holley was doing very similar stuff to me a while back.

I could shut the truck down, open the hood, and see fuel being pushed through the carb slowly. It was making it's way down through the intake too. I assumed it was due to too much pressure in the tank, because when this happened, I could remove the gas cap, get the whoooosh sound from pressure escaping, and then the fuel would stop dripping through the carb. I installed a vented gas cap to relieve the pressure in the tank.

Another issue I had around the same time, was fuel in my oil. Turns out my fuel pump was bad, and the diaphgram was allowing fuel to travel up to the cam.

Thomas.

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I tore into the carb last night since I was told my problem could be fouled jets due to dirty fuel. I went thru the carb and found nothing. I've also tried new 93 octane fuel too... its not really that I think. The exhaust still smells super rich too.

-Dan

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If I read your last finding, I would agree with Stoopalini, get a vented gas cap or try first removing the cap and driving it and see what happens, if it works, get a vented cap.

6. ratlover

ratlover 1/2 ton status

Is it blowing by your needle/seat? Whats your fule pressure(didnt put a new pump on did ya?) needle/seat need replaced? Is the level set right?

Better get this fixed before you hydrolock a motor(if its dumping tons of raw fule)