Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whoops 4 Wheel & Offroad Mag.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k2-k5, Jan 22, 2004.

1. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

You guys see the Feb. issue of 4 wheel & off road there is a yellow k5 stuck in the mud. Anyway it has cut-out doors like some scout II's came width. Looks pretty good from the picture. Has anyone else done this to their /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif?

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I did see that pic and noticed the doors were "modified" It looks like someone did a good job too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I don't have the magazine so I'm not sure what your talking about looks like, but when I was in College in Corvallis, OR, there was a guy with a first gen Blazer that had fiberglass covers over the door sills, like they have for Broncos. I have never seen another rig like that again. (it was yellow, could it be the same truck?)

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    there was a guy with a first gen Blazer that had fiberglass covers over the door sills, like they have for Broncos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen those fiberglass covers for Scouts as well. This looked more like a modified door. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    there was a guy with a first gen Blazer that had fiberglass covers over the door sills, like they have for Broncos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen those fiberglass covers for Scouts as well. This looked more like a modified door. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if your talking about where the window would come up it came from tha factory like that. im not sure what they were made of metal or fiberglass. but the top was an option. just a strip no vent window or anything just a top plate. it was held down with two screws. its shown in one of the sales pamphlets i have at home.

69k5