Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whoops, I'm topless

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Sep 19, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Whoops, I\'m topless

Full top baby...We got the top cut off and the caps welded on on the pilars. Still need to cap it at the winshield. But it's fawkin sweet and I can see that I need to weld in some more cage braces cause it's just TOO empty up there. Or maybe that's just me. Pics soon. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: Whoops, I\'m topless

yeah man, throw up some pics /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. Re: Whoops, I\'m topless

Lets not brag unless we have pics !!!! Wouldn't it be easier to just build a buggy cage on your frame? Oh yeah that wouldn't be as much fun as hacking up a K5 !!

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

let's see, half top gone, cab top gone, rear 13" gone, frontend gone, rockers are next to go...But I like it!!! Different strokes...and besides, this is still marginally street legal if I can ever afford tags and insurance. Try that with a tube buggy!

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, we have GOT to do something about our steel eating termite problem! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

As for tags on a buggy, no problem in AZ. When I get some energy up (after busting hump getting ready for BB02, I'm a little burned out, plus waiting for it to cool off) I'll have tags on my rig. I think I'm only missing mud flaps to be ready for inspection. Short list in AZ is head/brake/marker lights, mirrors, seatbelts, windshield, and mud flaps.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

LOOK HERE! We don\'t want to see you hairy man breasts!

Hehehe.
    Might want to put a brace off the cage to the windsheild header. Fire wall is going to try to lean back without the steel roof. Talk to Yeild to Me on that.

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't have any problems w/ registration for your K5 or a buggy. Rob Harris' scorpion is registered and has tags/inspection. Who says it isn't a Scout?

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Grim, i've been tied in for a while now since my cage fits so close to the body, i didn't want the winshield cracking out!
    you can kind of see it here before i put the winshield back in http://community.webshots.com/photo/31475203/31475355uFhIzAZtUw

Now as for inspection, I really haven't researched it to tell you the truth. But I'm still in the mindset to keep it mildly streetable for those sunday trips to the grocery store. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

What about cruising the mall? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Well of course, you cant forget the mall trips! It's such a pretty cruiser, all the chicks dig it! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I have to admit...we got the stares and comments cuttin' that baby off in a mostly "streetrod building" college class!! It was a hoot....guys kept comin' by sayin' "I think I have some old doors you guys could have" or "I got a buddy with some fenders if yall want 'em". Little did they know that all the "diet" was on purpose!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif It looks way cool...especially dwarfing the lowrider street rods!!