Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whoops?!! Steering box

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cojnit, Oct 16, 2002.

1. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

Last night I was putting the final touches on a 3" body lift (ya know to get more clearance for Safari) When I realized that an awful lot of power steering fluid has "escaped" From the top of the steering box! I thought that I had done everything as recommended, like unmount the steering column, but apparently not so. Is this shot? Do I need a new steering case? Anyone have any experience with this?? Maybe a spare streering box?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If your talking about that its leaking out where the steering shaft goes into the steering box, then you can get a new seal for that, they are only like $10 for a new seal kit.

3. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

do I need to get that from Chevy? Or is that a pep boys type repair? That is exactly what needs to be done.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Any auto parts store should have them, may not be a stocked item, but they can get it cheaper than dealer.