Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whoops...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I guess I should have changed my pads sooner, The driverside has two grooves worn in it from the rivets or whatever they are in the pad, and then one from the clip on the pad grinding. The pad is shot to hell, They needed to be changed at my last oil change but I didnt get around to it, I suppose this will teach me to put stuff off to the last minute. Also I think I have a Leaking Rear Axle Seal how much work is it to replace this, my Drum on the driverside was all full of oilly crap, and my brake resivoir is full, so IM guessing its gear oil.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah time for new rotors and pads now,

hopefully the calipers are ok too, but you wont know til you push the pistons back in and try the truck out afterwards

wheel seals on what axel ? 10 bolt 12 bolt ? 14 sf ? 14FF

it matters if its an SF or FF axle

if its an SF lke a 10 or 12 bolt thehn you gotta pull diff cover and c clip and drum and axle shaft and then you can pull wheel seal out
    good luck

3. BIG STEVE

BIG STEVE Registered Member

If its Stock its a 10 bolt Like before have to pull the rear cover pull the cross pin slide the axle in and remove the c clip pull axle Seals easy to change.

90 jimmy

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I got the Pads and everything all together yesterday, gonna have to get a new rotor next week though, I had to get back up here to college, i suppose I could pick one up here at Napa though, anyway, This is on a 96 S10 Blazer so I think thats a 10 bolt, for sure an SF.