Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whoops...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jan 31, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:bow:

2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Even more reason why when I can afford it, I'm taking up martial arts, allow me to make up with speed what I don't have in strength. :waytogo: to the girl!

3. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Nice. I just love a girl that can kick my ass. :D

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Agreed :D

5. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Remember Lucy Lui in Payback? Soooo hot. :eek1: I'd take a girl whippin any day.

6. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

this is kinda on subject i guess, but has anyone actually seen a martial artist (i.e. karate, tae-kwon-do, jujitsu, jeet-kun-do, as in not boxing) in a street fight with a non-martial artist?? ive always been curious as to whether their techniques really work in real world against just a street fighter. obviously eye gouges and groin shots would be devastating, but anyone ever witnessed a martial artist in a brawl?? ive only seen one video of it, and the martial artist had a weird style, one-hitter quitter, but he may have just got lucky..

7. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

some styles are more effective in street fights than others, Tai Kwan Do, isnt as effictive as Jeet Koon Do or Jujitsu.

i have a buddy that has been doing jujitsu since he was a 18yr old Private in 2nd Batt.

he is 5"3 and 150lbs and i saw him kick the **** out of 4 good sized dudes once outside a club at Ft Carson, broke one dudes arm in 3 places.

i saw the guys surround him and start talking **** and pushing him, my other buddy put his hand on my chest and said" step back and watch the fun"...:haha:

myself..i know just enough to hold my own.

8. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

There was a video of 2 guys argueing in a street in Houston TX. It was a black guy and a white guy (he's a martial arts instructor). The black guy pulls his right arm back to throw a punch and the white just nails him with a short straight right to the jaw. Lights out, the black guy just dropped.
    Don't rememeber what tv show I saw this on.
    George

9. OrangeCrushK10

Hey, if you ever come back to Ft Carson with him let me know. I would love to see that! :D

10. RubberFloorMat

you probably know the club then, Rum Bay downtown??

we come thru and train about every two years or so..

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

big thumbs up for this chick. Normally I don't condone nut-shots.. but scumbag predators like these two asswipes had it comin'.

AFA brawlers vs martial arts guys... I think the artist would generally kick ass. If had 100 different fights between good martial artists and good brawlers, the artists would prolly win 90 of them. Even a very prolific bar-room brawler type guy is only gonna be in a few real fights/month. The martial artist is training all the time plus he learns the "art" in that he knows how to take advantage of weak points etc etc. Some guys are really good at fighting and have good experience.. but unless they have a real training regimen etc (ie one that doesn't include chugging a pitcher of beer...) they are basically amateurs while the artists is more like a pro in the way they train/study.

j

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I know Kung Fu,,, and 7 other Chinese words, I'm a bad man...:D

13. OrangeCrushK10

Yep, I live down the street from Rum Bay.

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just don't pick on 14 yr old girls.;)

15. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

From the fights I've seen out in the bars and stuff, the edge usually goes to the guy who is used to fighting and handling the adrenaline dump ( fight or flight response) that you get in an altercation.

Adrenaline causes things like tunnel vision, paralysis, trembling, etc, so what happens then is fine motor skills go out the window, which is unfortunately what most martial arts are made up of.

This is why guys who are good at point fighting go down so often in a real fight.

Some black belts are fighters, others are like engineers.. whole lots of book learning and theory, but nothing works in the real world, under live fire conditions.

Of the fights I've seen, the ones who made moves like they had some sort of MA training got their heads handed to them.. they were too tenative, like they wanted to scare the other guy off or something.. I like the boxer mentality.. just wade in there, and start pounding.

It's really mindset, conditioning and commitment, rather than the moves a guy uses, IMHO.

Tom

16. OrangeCrushK10

I only have to point out that the military once taught martial arts type stuff. They don't bother with it anymore.

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

good points , I think it might help to be able to wrap your foot around somebodies ear ,could be helpful, I personally hate violence but when it happens and the adrenoline dumps things slow way down,I'd much rather run away all the time but then sometimes it's all about biting and kicking your way out, thats why I hate it, if you like all your body parts were they are right now then leave me alone. that girl rocks good for her...

18. RubberFloorMat

actually they still do, but its only certian units...truck drivers n **** dont get it.

its a Jujitsu based form of grappling, mostly groundfighting, chokes, armbars, strikes etc...

first taught in large numbers in SF and the Ranger Batts, hell i went to basic in 2000 and we had a solid week of it in basic and another 3-4 days in AIT.

19. OrangeCrushK10

I figured that some units probably did. I'm just going off of what my friends who joined are saying. But what they described and the jujitsu-grappling thing you said sound about the same.