Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WhooWeee---Got the job of a lifetime

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Sep 4, 2002.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Well not what I want to do for the rest of my life (Law enforcement) But it is what I like doing. It is a local fabricating shop------building everything from full blown Baja race truck to silly stuff for a local school band-----I get to do everything from cutting, torching, bending and when i get good at it welding. The best part of it is I get to work on my truck for cost----all the tube work (cage, crossmembers, etc.) The guy is known all over the Southwest so I could be working here for a while /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .Best part is I can finally pay off a few old friends and REALLY get working on my truck...sorry i was just real excited about it and had to share it w/ all my CK5 friends /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

thats sounds like a sweet job, so folks just got all the luck. glad to hear someone who enjoys the sport gets to do it though /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Congrats-getting paid for what you enjoy doing definitely is a little more stress free! Wish I had something like that!

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Sounds sweet, I need a job like that for a little while. Definately a good learning expierence if nothing else.

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

congratulations. the side work will really bring the cash in, once you get good. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Be a sponge and soak up everything you can. Once you figure our how to do a few things then watch out! You'll be dangerous to the local pavement pounders! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I had a job like once. I didn't think I would stick around for very long, but I ended up there for 8 years. I learned so much, that I RARELY pay anyone to do anything to my truck. When you build it yourself, there's a whole 'nuther factor in it. It's YOURS! Literally! Mine is all me. I still have a bunch of stuff to do (don't we all?? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) but when I'm done, I'll know exactly what's in it and how it was done, and when you know something that well, it's a part of you. I can tell what size any of the bolts are on my truck and EXACTLY what tools I need for anything I want to do. My wife shakes her head when I go to my tool box, take out 3 or 4 different tools and walk over to my truck and replace/repair whatever it is in a matter of a few minutes (in most cases, the bigger stuff takes at least an hour /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ).