Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's a frequent Flyer?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crash1369, Mar 18, 2007.

1. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

Ok so I’ve got 2 weeks before I have to go to china again and I need a suitcase. I’ve been looking on the internet but there are to many options so I thought I would see if any of you other guys who travel allot have any suggestions. I don’t want to spend a fortune but I want something good that will last awhile with the abuse it will go through. The thing that makes my decision difficult is my tools way 30lbs and the weight limit on most flights is 50lbs (Continental lets me take 70lbs) and sometimes I have to take parts for machines as well. So I guess I need two suitcases, but I don’t want to carry an empty suit case around either, does anybody make suitcases that fit inside each other? Also on a side note any suggested laptop cases would be good also, I have an HP pavilion zd7000 and at the time the only case available was the backpack style from HP. It’s a 17” Widescreen so it doesn’t fit in much and its really heavy so something with wheels would be cool, maybe hooks onto the other suite case somehow so I only have to carry one. So anybody have any suggestions on tried and true brands I should look for or places I can get a good deal. Thanks allot Fellow travelers :)

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Tools, China. Someone call the CIA....................

3. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

well thats not very helpfull, but the dancing spiderman is funny :waytogo:

4. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I never bought a good suitcase. I just use duffles, and an army duffle if I got alot of stuff to go with me. I got my one EX a set from J.C. Penny. They seam to have alot of stuff. Anyway have fun in China. Trevor

5. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

this morning i actually just remembered i have an army duffel bag, so im going to try it. theres nothing fun in china at least not where im going :) thanks
    later
    chris

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

With the weight limit comment I assume you are checking the bag??? If so most of the usual suspects make bags that nest inside one another. With checked bags it's not a big deal (at least to me) because the only place you need to worry about size is in the car.

I've had good luck with a "Pathfinder" brand carry on bag. It wasn't the cheapest, but it wasn't close to being the most expensive, either. It's been durable, but the best thing is it's a little smaller than the usual carry on bag. This means it fits wheels first in the overhead bin=a lot eaiser to find room on a full flight, and its doable under the seat on a short flight.

Oh- get a TSA approved lock if you are checking tools.

7. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

thanks ill check into that now

8. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

ok i got a suitcase yesterday, a skyway never heard of them but its really nice and has a 15 year warranty, the best part though it only cost $47 down from $240. thanks allot for all the help guys.