Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's a night-owl?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

*sigh* Well, everybody I like to talk to has left the InuYasha Journey forum (anime forum I frequent besides CK5). I can see why. It's 2AM where I'm at now, and most of the people on that forum are teenagers who haven't graduated from highschool yet (some middle-schoolers on it too). So the late guys in here is all I have. Anybody else like to stay up all night when they can like me?

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

yea, it's called a night shift job. but I'm a night owl anyway. I've always hated getting up early and love staying up until most of the night.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

No it's cause your lazy.

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

I only started doing this nigh-owl stuff because of my chemo. I found it was the only way to get myself such that I'd sleep right through my treatments, making them more bearable.

5. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

no, I got out of bed around 5 am all thru my childhood. didn't like doing it then, don't now.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Too many years working afternoon shift made me a night owl of sorts. I work days now, but still have a hard time getting to sleep before 1 am. I like the quiet, no phones etc etc...

Rene

7. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

sounds like the way to have done it. how long does you therapy last per session?

8. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

always up late..... but the flashing just doesnt stop.....

9. Inu-Hanyou1776

I like the quietness of it too. I'm going to keep doing it during my six-month chemo recovery period too, because it'll be coming to an end when I start going back to work. At my job, my start time was 7:30 in the morning, so I was usually up by 5AM, and out the door by 6:30 to 7:00 so I could grab breakfast at Hardee's and eat before starting my shift.

10. Inu-Hanyou1776

Usually takes about two hours to load me up each time. Combined with staying up all night the night before, I'm able to sleep through each one because the anti-nausea meds I take before each session make me drowsy too. When I get to the chemo office, I'm so drowsy by then that when they give me another shot of the anti-nausea stuff through the port before they load me up with the chemo, I completely doze off and don't wake up until after dad's shook me saying it's time to leave, after they've done unhooked me and put a bandage over the port spot where they accessed it.

11. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm a night person too. I want to live in the country where I can wrench until the sun comes up. I wish classes started at noon and went late. I try to adjust my sleep pattern but I'd rather be up at night because of the solitude.

12. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

2 hours? man, don't think I could lay there hurting for that long either, I would have to sleep also.

13. Inu-Hanyou1776

Actually, it's not that painful. The only pain that happens is a slight sting when they access the port. It was the smells and odors of that place that were getting to me, making me feel nauseous. I'm actually getting nauseous right now thinking about it.

14. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

ehhh...all thru highschool i was up till 3..up at 6am went to school came home took a nap...did some stuff up all night...now im doing the same thing in college..but i have night classses and i really dislike them

15. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Hey Inu not to change the subject but I saw that show you like last night while flippin throught the channels so I stopped to watch it for a bit. I must say I never watched that type of stuff before but it was kinda cool.

The way they draw the characters and stuff impressed me. That must take a lot of work.

16. Inu-Hanyou1776

Episode that you watched hunterguy, in case you missed the beginning, was episode #73, "Shiori's Family and InuYasha's Feelings". In that episode, InuYasha needs to find a way to make his sword more powerful, but he finds out he may have to kill this innocent little girl who's half-demon like he is in order to do it. It was the first part of a two-parter. Most of the episodes of that show are multi-parters.

Sure, anime shows look great, but the real thing I like about anime is the storytelling. It gets pretty intense sometimes, with the situations the characters come across and find themselves in, last night being no different. Watching what you did of that episode last night surely must have told you that show isn't meant for very, very young kids. Why else would it only come on late at night. You must have caught the 12:30 airing of it. InuYasha currently airs Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 12:30 and 3:30. I really only watched a little bit of it last night because I've seen that particular episode and have it on DVD. They just finished airing recently a crop of newly translated episodes. The show has a total episode run of 167, and currently 126 of them have been translated and aired here on Cartoon Network.

17. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Not I. I get made fun of for going to bed at 9 or 10.:crazy:

18. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I'm at work from 9:30pm to 6am 5 nights a week...does that count? :doah:

19. Inu-Hanyou1776

Doesn't for me, but somebody else may think so. ;)

I really don't get how somebody could stand working the graveyard shift. My dad tried it one time and he said it almost killed him.

20. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Hence the name graveyard. :p: