Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's bringing what for Sierra Trek?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Gold Rush, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Who\'s bringing what for Sierra Trek?

Don't forget the nearest town is 30 miles away from base camp!! So don't forget anything. I will be bringing a box of breakfast rolls for our Saturday morning breakfast.

I will be bringing all the usual:

Cabin tent.
    air matress and sleeping bags.
    catalytic heater.
    24 half liter bottles of water.
    misc. snacks.
    diet soda.
    12 pack beer.
    1000 W generator.
    <font color="red"> Set of 38X12.5X16.5 TSL's (FOR SALE) </font color>
    <font color="red"> 3 Ea. 37X12.5X16.5 GoodYear MT's (FOR SALE) </font color>
    Flourescent Trouble light.
    ready welder II.
    floor jack.
    bottle jack.
    tarp.
    misc. hand tools.
    log chain and 2 tow straps.
    combo saw.
    flashlight.

Am I forgeting anything?

Dan is bringing his chainsaw for firewood. Do we need anything special not listed here?

David

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: Who\'s bringing what for Sierra Trek?

Like you said I am bringing the chainsaw and a few lights for the Gen.. And some lighter fluid..Anything else??

3. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

Thursday on my way out of town I am going to pick up the fire permit. I am going to see about bring a portable air tank (unsure how much air it holds).

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Kim you hit the nail on the head. A FIRE Permit is a MUST...
    Good thinking...

*whining*
    /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif I WANT TO GO!/forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    Now I know what Delta9 felt when he couldn't make it to BlazerFest. DAWG GONET! WEDDINGS who needs them.
    /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

List:
    HiLift Jack,
    First Aid,
    Fire Ext.
    Have some fun for me. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. BlazenHeart

DunnRunner, why don't you hitch a hide with someone? I think there is plenty of room for one more body.

I am also going to fill up a couple of 5-gallon gas cans I have, since gas is $1.82 a gallon in Truckee. Sounds like Mike is going to fill up the 2 he has as well.

6. DuneRunner

I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and then to a "Weezer" show in Concord. To much for one day. AAAHHHHGGGGG /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Next year.

7. BlazenHeart

Weezer and a wedding!! Atleast part of that sounds like fun /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    There is always next year, or we could all just all plan a group run sometime.

8. DuneRunner

hhmmmm.......That sounds good......I'll have that.
    HAVE FUN!

9. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Priest just PM'd me the following update:

Since I'm not a member I can't post in the NCBD forum but I wanted to let you know that full fire restrictions are in effect for Stanislaus, El Dorado, and Tahoe national forests. That means no camp fires or no charcol fires. Lanterns, stoves, and propane BBQs can be used but a fire permit is still required.

Just an FYI

Hope that we have some type of special deal to have fires for this event.
    David

10. gokartergo

We are goimg to freeze are arses off at night...

11. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I will bring a propane heater that kicks arss...if ya want it...

12. gokartergo

I got a small one for the trailer.. That'll work for the inside...But outside is another story

13. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I just bought a propane heater for inside the tent. Hopefully it works good.

David

14. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I can see it now...

Us all huddled around a propane heater..LOL
    Passing the flask around......mike /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. DuneRunner

To let you all know Last week was Hella nice up at the CON. The coldest it got was like mid 60°s. I went to bed in my CK5 sweatshirt and shorts. I think the logo kept me warm. SO if you have a CK5 sweatshirt thats all you'll need to keep warm at night and cool /forums/images/icons/cool.gif during the day...LOL I crack myself-up /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

For real though don't stress about it being cold. O YA and bring shorts... It will be warm during the day. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

16. BlazenHeart

I just called the USFS and we can have a campfire at the site we roped off since it does have a barrel pit in it, and we don’t need a fire permit but I am going to get one just to be safe. At a designated campsite we can have the campfire &amp; a charcoal stove (which must be in the pit area when in use) &amp; any propane items out side the pit area. So propane stoves, burners, lanterns, heaters or anything else propane oriented we can have with no problem. No if for some reason our site is gone and end up in a site that is not a designated campsite we can not have a campfire or a charcoal stove, but every thing else is ok with the campfire permit.
    No welding is allowed. USFS is going to fax me information on the permit that they have giving to the CA4WDC for the whole Sierra Trek event. She mentioned that CA4WDC said there would be just 1 person doing any welding, but I think that is for the Fordyce Creek trail not the LWB. So we may be able to weld on the trail. (David I will pass this info to you when you get up there)
    Chainsaw is ok, as long as there is a spark arrested on it and it is a cut day. But she said that if there is a tree blocking the trail in which couldn’t be moved by hand we could cut it out of the way &amp; take the wood for the campfire.
    Now this kinda sucks… She said that the trail head it right there at Bear Valley Camp Ground. When we made that right turn (with the campground to our left) it was down just a little ways on the right. There is a big bulletin board at the trailhead which reads “Bear Valley OHV Trail Head”. So tomorrow when I get all situated I was going to head over and check that out.

I think that covers everything right now. I am going to check my email &amp; this site before I leave in the morning (not sure what time though) so if there is anything else that anyone what’s me to bring up let me know. Also my cell number is 530-559-0707, I don't think it works up at Meadow Lake.

See ya up there /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

17. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Dam kim you the............."woman"....mike /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Also I will then bring up some fire wood,gas cans,some mike's hard lemonade,and some snacks

18. BlazenHeart

Thank You Thank You /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Just trying to be help out.

19. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Kim,

What is a cut day and will there be any while we are there?? Thanks alot for your extra work and info gathering.

David

20. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

David-
    A cut day is a day that the forest service let's you cut (they reg. it when the fire danger is high) on a nonw cut day there is no logging or cutting allowed...easy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif