Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whos built sliders for long beds or subs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87k10, Nov 16, 2005.

1. 87k10

87k10 Registered Member

i want to put sliders on a long bed but the frame isn't straight as it bends up right under the cab. does anyone have pics or a good explanation on how they attached theirs to the frame?

2. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

Well I don't own a long bed but I do own a Pick up and my frame does the same thing. First thing I did was got rid of the saddle bag fuel tanks the pick ups come with. Attatched my slides to the frame at 3 points, the first close to the front tire is mounted to a plate welded and bolted to the frame with gussets, the other two wouldn't do that due to the frame step. I accomplished this by making 1/4 plate that dropped down to where I needed to attatch the slider runners. These were bolted to the frame with 4 grade 8 bolts using the fuel tank saddle bag mounting holes and welded a 6" x 7" gusset for strength. Believe it the frame will flex alittle but not the slides. I have come down on them very very hard many times with no problems. I felt this would be better than having the body mount bolts take ALL the punishment if I just welded them to the rocker. Oh btw, I cut out the rocker in 3 notches to the slider is level with the bottom of the rocker panel. No loss of ground clearence. Hope that helps.
    P.S. I'll try to remember to post up some pics when I get home. I'm a work now and it's lunch hour. :wink1:

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Different application, but these are the sliders I built for my tow rig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, here's a set with steps for Ratzilla's Suburban...

[​IMG]

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

5. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

Here's what I was talking about

slides_2.JPG

6. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

There are two people that i know who makes them. one is Blazen91 from here and So Cal Big Dawgs. The other is Chvyhs from So Cal Big Dawgsthe website is www.scbd.org

Look in the photo gallery in chvyhs and you can see his red sub. and a few others i believe.