Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's found some good mud pits near their house?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Dec 22, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Who\'s found some good mud pits near their house?

Lets just say i found like 3 good ones today. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It kinda gets your attention when your driving and you see a bunch of swamper tracks in the mud off the side of the road. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

One of em was like almost 2 feet deep and really rutted up. I almost got stuck in 2 wheel drive. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif A fun pit for 4 low!

Who else has a nice little mud pit detour on the way home from work? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Re: Who\'s found some good mud pits near their house?

I found one today! I had my daughter with me and she spotted it and told me to hit it. So I flipped a bitch and punched it. It looked like just a mud puddle but the mud was deep. I went through it a few times. She loved it!

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Right on! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seems like Gokartergo has some mud to hit close to his house. heh heh heh. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yep 5 acres worth of it...LOL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I have an empty lots across the road from work (also it is the short cut to Mc Donald's) and the store can watch me doing donuts at lunch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif...LOL
    Pls I can go behind work too...LOL

6. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

hey mike, get stuck someday so i can drive by and laugh at you. it will make my job alot better that day.....lol. i would be careful doing it by the golden arches. if a cop sees you he could have a feild day with you. i have seen the same pit and thought it looks fun until i thought about cops.

chris, you ever drive down pierson road (out by the zoo)? some decent holes out there. just dont go alone and get stuck.

later, todd

7. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Ya, Ive been out there before but I havent been out there yet this year

8. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

There's a huge empty field next to my old work. I hit last week in the middle of one of the storms.

9. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have all of carnigie srva down the street from my house /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

yeah i know quite a few

11. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah and LAD has been stuck in all of them. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

nope, only a few really, im the recover truck 9/10 times

13. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

A kid found a GOOD mud hole behind one of the high schools here.....He took daddy's new silverado that daddy just finished paying 47,000 for the truck and extras and got it a little stuck. He called my buddy....they go out to "try" and pull him out. The truck is lifted and has 36's on it. When they get there......they can only see a few inches of the top of the front fenders /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif He blew the motor trying to get out himself......popped something in the transfer cause there was no more wheel movement before the engine quit /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif.......bottom line

don't let the kids take out your brand new 4x4 right after a big rain /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    A kid found a GOOD mud hole behind one of the high schools here.....He took daddy's new silverado that daddy just finished paying 47,000 for the truck and extras and got it a little stuck. He called my buddy....they go out to "try" and pull him out. The truck is lifted and has 36's on it. When they get there......they can only see a few inches of the top of the front fenders He blew the motor trying to get out himself......popped something in the transfer cause there was no more wheel movement before the engine quit .......bottom line

don't let the kids take out your brand new 4x4 right after a big rain

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one kid that will be in military school soon...LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Awhile back I found about 4 of them in a row on the same trail that buried me to my headlights in each one. Got stuck in the first one....Walked to a phone and called for help...Friend brough his come-a-long. We couldn't get it out the way I went in, so had to winch it the rest of the way through...Did that for the next 3 mud pits in a row. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif 4 hours and 400 yards after I drove into the 1st pit, I was back on solid ground. Except for maybe 100 yards between pits, I winched my truck by hand 4" at a time for the other 300 yards. I'll do the trail again in a heart beat....but only with a winch, 38+" tires, and a cell phone.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You'd think with BBC HP y'all would of been able to gather speed to float across. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

lol, I didn't have a shortage of horse power at all....Hehe, It's pretty damn cool to see 4 geysers of mud 15-20' high from your tires. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My biggest problem in that case was 33" tires with a big ass, un-shaved 14b. No much ground clearance. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif