Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whos goin to Dresser, WI for Memorial Day??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wakedog, Apr 14, 2002.

1. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Is any one planning on goin out there for memorial day?? If so we should set up a little get together out there. Im goin and Captcruch is too.

2. bigwishlist

bigwishlist Registered Member

Fill me in on some details. Like where exacly is it and whats going on there, or is it just a get together of your friends.

3. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Its a off-road rally for more info look here <a target="_blank" href=http://www.memorial4x4.org>www.memorial4x4.org</a>.

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Are you guys going the whole weekend or just a day ? I'd like to go ........ I live in Hudson, so it's not too far for me either. Let me know .......... Any more info on your seats ?

5. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I had planned on it, never got any replys when I asked earlier. It's too late to turn in the forms now isn't it? Only thing i'm worried about is body damage, if there is a large possibility, I'm not gonna do it. Restored my blazer last summer and dont think it's really worth it. I might still go and watch the shows however.

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I too will be a spectator .......not sure if the Blazer will be done in time anyway !

7. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Forms have to be postmarked by april 27.

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I will be working security on Sat. and Sunday at Dresser. If you plan on attending, wheeling or not, camping or not, you should get registered. I just talked to Jason and Tim (who is head of the camp grounds) of Go-Four wheelers and they said it has been filling up faster then ever before. bklier will also be up there assisting with security.

On the topic of body damage... it happens. The trails are very tight for a fullsize, but they can be done. I have not tried a lot of the trails out there and hear there are some lower key trails for more mild rigs. I had some pretty bad body damage last time I was out there a few years back with my old Bronco, but it was a really wet weekend and the trails were really slick. Jason wheels w/ an 84 s10 balzer on 32" MT's and a carburated 2.8L 6 cylinder... so you don't have to be a powerhouse. There will also be the mud pits and rock pile.