Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's got a RamJet 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Dec 26, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Ok, so who's actually got a RamJet350?
    I believe I'm going to scrap my HT383 plans and go for this, since the torque curve is actually better than the HT383 and it will cost way less in the end, because I will not have a carburator on my engine, and to FI the HT383 is going to cost at least $1g more than the RamJet.

What I really want is to see the 'detailed instructions', so if you've got 'em, please reply, I can pay you or whatever to copy it and sent it to me, or scan it or whatever.

I can't seem to find them online, I've seen a couple a articles on installs, but these are very incomplete, I'm in the middle of wiring, and need to know the precise wiring requirments, all they say is '12v power'. Does is provide a fuel pump relay drive (I hope), what fuse requirments are needed for the '12v power'. And what are the recommended fuel system requirments (I know it needs a return line, but what else?).

I just want to get everything done I can before hand, to maximize on the warranty, as the warranty starts the second you purchase it, and I'd rather not burn 2 months sourcing parts and other crap I need.

Oh, and how happy are you with the motor? Thanks!

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you want to do some research, head over to thirdgen.org's forums, do a search on a guy called "S10wildsides" IIRC. He was into taking the Ramjet engines and making them a "real" fuel injected engine, (it was all wiring as I recall) instead of the boat motor they really were. :)

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ramjet 350!

A really nice guy I bought my wheels and seats from, put one in his Blazer last year! It's in his profile!

Paulmoon!

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Also, I got in contact with a guy in Florida from Pavementsucks.com who did the install, wrote down some pretty decent instructions, but more importantly is totally willing to answer questions...I have sent him several as the RAMJET 350 is my dream engine...I am going TPI right now just becaseu mine is tight...:D

5. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

I put a Ram Jet in a friends 71' Chevelle Show car a couple of years ago. The motor came with a big book but it wasn't a step by step instruction manual because as you know every application is different. It was/ is a great running motor. It wasn't a hard install but I spent more time makin the install look good than on the actual install. To answer your questions though it really does only need 12v power. The main power feed will come from the Battery and have it's own fuse and also a 12v ignition feed that doesn't need much power(don't remember exactly how many amps). Yes it has it's own fuel pump relay included in the harness. Yes you do need a return line. Also its best to have an in tank fuel pump but you can get an inline pump and most likely be happy with that. You will need a couple of fittings for the fuel rail to adapt to what ever you use. Make sure you don't skimp on your fuel system because your talking about 50-60 psi and a possibly explosive situation. The Motor is definatly no rocket but a good driver. I would reccomend one.