Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's got a scanner

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigcountryk5, Jun 3, 2005.

1. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

My other post about everyone's favorite track got me thinking about sittin' at BMS and feeling the cars rumble by smelling the exahust man i can't wait till the august race :D :D :D :D .

so i'm sittin here thinkin' and i've listened to a couple other people's race scanner's at the track for a moment or two and since i go to at least two races a year i think it would be cool to have that is if there worth it i could see them being more of a headache than there worth so if you've got one post up and let me know what you think i don't wanna drop 250$ on em and they end up suckin butt :grin:

so what stuff (brands) do you suggest etc. :ears:

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Try scannerworld.com. They have a ton of race scanners, and other scanners too, for every price range.

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i've been shopping around i'll definately give that site a look i'm just woundering how those of you who already have one like it and what setup you've got. i don't mind spending the money as i will be using it for years to come so i think if i buy good stuff i'l still get my money's worth out of it :grin:

4. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

If I remember right, the 250 or so you'd pay at the track to rent them is a refundable deposit, so you get that money back anyways.

Tom

5. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I have a Uniden 200 channel scanner, and really like it because I can load up the entire Busch Series and Cup Series, and just update through the season. My brother and I have a set of headphones that allow us to talk to each other (and 6 others linked together), which is the best race gear purchase we have made. We each can monitor our own scanners, or with a flip of a switch, monitor the other persons scanner. He has his drivers, I have mine, and we can talk about the action as it happens, and not wait for a caution. It is expensive ($350.00-500.00/pair), but really nice if you go a lot.

Check Ebay for good deals. If you only have a few favorites, honestly a 50 channel would work really well, and doesn't cost much. Also, check some of the websites of the vendors at the track near the end of the year. They sell off the rentals cheap.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've got XM, no scanner needed :p: