Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's got pics of Rhino Lined interior?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Who\'s got pics of Rhino Lined interior?

We are considering Rhino Lining the interior of our Jimmy, it is time for the carpet to go. I know I have seen some pics, but can't remember whose.

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

2. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Re: Who\'s got pics of Rhino Lined interior?

You can check out the interior of my Suburban at the link below my sig... I had the whole interior lined, including the firewall as far up as they could.

Robb
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>'73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI</a>

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I used Herculiner...pics at webshots link below...

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown>http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown</a>

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

502 Burb:

I found some rust in the rear of the blazer I know it is common....I saw you had rust. Is it as easy as knocking all the rust out and cleaning well and when they rhino line it they fill in the holes to a smooth surface?

Granny LOW and let her GO!!
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

5. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

I guess I would have to say that it would depend on how bad your rust problem is. Mine was quite bad (completely through the body in many places) so I did repair and patch-work prior to having it lined. The nice thing was that I didn't need to do much to the patches after welding them in, as the liner sealed them from further rust (at least that's the theory; we'll see...[​IMG]). I actually had the whole cab sand-blasted first. Then had it primered. Then did rust repair. Then, finally, lining.

Where I had surface rust, or areas that were a bit thin but didn't go all the way through except for pinhole-sized stuff, I just had them spray the liner without patching. So, you may be able to get away with that method if your's isn't too bad.

Robb
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>'73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI</a>

6. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

not really an answer to your question, but I got some dupli-color truck bed coating at wally world on clearance going to try to a DIY approach

Fort Worth Texas K5er[​IMG]It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission[​IMG]

7. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I've done a whole long bed (8ft bed) with DIY liner in one of my old trucks a 82 chevy and it came out great I have scanned pics somewheres around here I much rather the hurculiner over the dupli color ....duplicolor just seems to flake off i had used it in another project its really thin....Hurculiner came out really nice and lasted a good while just after continous shoveling of dirt it flaked Rhinoliner is made to shovel from...In a blazer hurculiner will work well since you rarely shovel into a blazer I hope...it held up well to normal abuse of throwing tools and chains in and out with no trouble

502:
    my rust is thin its not through and through but its through the first layer of the rear floor pan....I will probably patch and tack some then just have it rhino'ed

Granny LOW and let her GO!!
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

8. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I had the in side of mine lined with LINE-X it is a lot like rhino

you can take a look at my photo album

I'm Back BACK IN BLACK

<a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson>photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson</a>

9. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

how's the noise level after lining???

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

10. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Hey Derf00, before you make a decision check out:
    www.nonslipcoatings.com/
    I plan to do my truck inside and out with Durabak. I sent them e-mail and got info within two days.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)