Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who's got the biggest and best suburban on here?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by muddysub, Oct 24, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

who\'s got the biggest and best suburban on here?

i just wanna see what yall got, i wanna kinda know where i stand in the suburban fortitude department.

i've got:
    4" suspension, 1" hill 4wd shackles, 2" body lift, rancho RS5000s, 8" ss lines, and 36x12.50-16.5 TSLs. that's it right now.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: who\'s got the biggest and best suburban on here?

I've got 2" body lift, 6" suspension, procomp shocks, napa xtended brake lines, 33x12.50x15 MK so far and 3.08 gears /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, and the first burb to have rock sliders (?) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I would say BigBurb DID. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif But sadly he has left our Sub-Culture so...let the voting begin. I submit my stock 89 1/2 ton with a cracked exhaust manifold, anyone wanna try and beat that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. muddysub

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    and the first burb to have rock sliders

[/ QUOTE ] rarararara look at me i'm the first sub with sliders ain't i cool! you suck! i was gonna be the first but i got laid off! i'll do them soon though, this fall for sure.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yeah, well you beat me on the shock relocation kit /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Judging by the pics cornfed just submitted, his 70 with a 454 on 44" tires might be the baddest..............I want to see it in person, seems he lives 20 minutes from me. Also want to talk to him about his 72 on 37's that he said he's selling.............my K5 might be sold to the guy that wanted it two weeks ago but thought it was 'too finished'! He called back last night when I was out............

Soon to be a Sub-Culture member.............. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

89 Halfton with 2.5" lift and 33's /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Here's my latest pics:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

You guys know my stats except for the new rock sliders and the 6000lb mile marker winnch I need to mount. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I'm still dreamin' of the upgrades most of you have made /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Until then, I'm just 4" over stock, 35" Wrangler MTR's, factory 10-bolts /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, and as much mud as I can pack onto my sheetmetal. Someday rockslders, 14-bolt, D60, at least 2 more inces of lift, winch, lights, etc, etc... Hope my wallet doesn't hear me dreaming...

Oh yeah, I do have the ORD swaybar disconnect (darn shocks aren't long enough tho /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ) and ORD greasable front shackles...

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

10. Re: who\'s got the biggest and best suburban on here?

The baddest Burb was "Titanic", but like mine is gone !! Thanks for the kudos though !!

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

when I get enough Loots, I will have the biggest, and best suburban... until then, its a 73 K20, 4 inch lfit, with 33's, currently sporting a 350/350/205, soon to be a 454...

12. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

If you combine my 70 and my 72 I think Ive got you all beat! 19" of lift and 81" of tire total. Hey blazzinor the 72 has to go because I just bought a new cummins dually. Its got 8" superlift springs front and rear, 37 swamper ssr's on 16x10 eagles, original 350 with edelbrock cam, intake, and carb, headers with 2.5" flowmasters, 50 gallon tank, aftermarket split bench front seat. The body does have some rust in the rockers and drivers door but it looks great from 30 feet!
    I havent found a trail it wont fit on yet if you couldnt tell.

13. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

So what is the asking price of the Burb? Might be interested...........I'm torn between an older one that is built or a newer FI one that I can finish............. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Well I think it's a trick question designed to get us all to brag about our rigs and be jealous of the jones!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So My burb has got to be in the running!!!!!!! I may not be the biggest (Cornfeds got me there and I have seen it in person and in action) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but I believe I'm the only one running a D60ff rear with disc brakes and a power loc posi. And I probably have the nicest interior with my special rice burners be jealous interior lighting (neon) And don't forget the really cool tach with 7 different colors of back lighting to choose from. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif And of course who can ignore the "look at me" light bar with the stylish 8 inch pro comps (stainless steel I might add) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now my tires arnt' that big (35) /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but they are the first set of pro comps i've seen on a burb /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Dare I brag on?????? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually my vote for the all around best burb is chevhs red sub, but I'll be giving him a run for his money once I have some money!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

16. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

1977 GMC K-25 Suburban with 1991 doors and interior, 1987 front clip. 14 bolt FF w/ disk brakes, 4.56 Detroit, front Dana 60 w/ Powr-Lok posi &amp; 4.56ers, crossover steering, 12" National springs (all 4, no blocks!), Rancho 9000s, 44" Mud Countrys on 14" wide Weld Racing Super Singles, Balanced 454 w/ Comp 268 cam, ported &amp; polished heads, Edelbrock carb &amp; intake, Hooker headers, TH400/203 combo (doubler soon!), Corvette red paint. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

You can check it out on the link below, although in that picture of it "only" has 39.5" Swampers on 12" wide Welds...such little tires (see the comparison with the 44"ers in the pics)...also pics show my udder toyz, notably me '88 crewcab dually on 42" Swampers!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Aww, damn...

...I feel left out with my stocker!!! Time for some upgrades...

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ken, you just changed my vote..............your Burb and crewcab belong in MY driveway. Awesome stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

19. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Oh I totaly forgot about Ken's burb

20. muddysub

ok it's official, we all HATE ken and cornfed. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    J/K /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i wouldn't expect those 12"ers to flex at all!