Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who's jumped their suburban?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by muddysub, Aug 12, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

who\'s jumped their suburban?

mines been jumped 3 times, flies nice, doesn't nosedive, but lands hard. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif last time was purely accidental, and now something is ticking because of it.

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Re: who\'s jumped their suburban?

Note to self, don't jump suburban /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. steve_sm1

steve_sm1 Registered Member

was out muddin a few years back bouced mine over a 4' + boulder threw a chain link fence and landed in the middle of a main st.
    crushed the gas tank & tweaked the frame bad. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. muddysub

cool but ouch! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

never jumped the subs, but back in the day, I got air in my C20 pickup a lot... both on and off road. in tempe, there's a few intersections with major roads that're really quite steep ( you know how roads are generaly taller int he middle then the sides for drainage?) I saw the light turn green from about 1/4 a mile away in a residential ( hardy/baseline) and floored it up to about 40. hit the intersection on yellow, and took to the air. had to be one hell of a scarry sight for anyone watching... a giant white truck flying through an intersection on a yellow light.

I'd also caught some minor air out playing in a wash basin, but nothing major...

-Rich

6. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

WELL I SKYED IT IN THE DARK ON THE SAND DUNES DURING DUNE FEST A FEW WEEKS AGO. WAS CRUISING THE FLATS AT ABOUT 45 WHEN THE SAND WENT VERTICLE IN FRONT OF ME. NEED LESS TO SAY I FINISHED OFF THE FRONT BALL JOINTS. THE REALLY SCARY PART WAS IT HAPPEND TWICE THAT NIGHT. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif SURE FLEW TROUGH THE AIR NICE THOUGH. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif LANDING HURT ALITTLE , PASSANGERS STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT IT. SOMETHING ABOUT ME BEING NUTS......YOU KNOW THE USUAL. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I got a bit of air not to long ago. Maybe a foot. Landing pretty good. One of these days I'm gonna go back and hit the jump and 100+ and film it.

8. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I got some good 'three wheel motion' (three tires in the air) in a mudhole in Reiter Pit here in WA. I ended up breaking a shock mount off the front axle (landed on a rock I believe) and bent my steering arm. I didn't realize I had broke the shock mount until 2 days later (guess that doesn't say much for my 'post wheeling' inspection habits). The 'burb was definitely not Blue anymore though either /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Jon

9. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Hey flashlight were you the big sub I saw in town sunday with a spare tire mounted up front?

10. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

NO, I'M THE DARK BLUE AND SILVER ONE WITH THE LIGHT BAR AND FOUR 8 INCH PRO COMP LIGHTS AND A 6 IN LIFT WITH 35 PROCOMP MTS. I LIVE AT THE LIGHT HOUSE RIGHT ABOVE THE DUNES SO I'M ALL OVER HERE. WHAT WERE YOU IN?

11. muddysub

my dad jumped ours twice. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

once he was high centered in the snow on a berm at the side of the road.we were trying to turn around and got stuck. so after about 10 min of rocking and putting stuff under the tires he got it out but he was on the wrong side of the berm, out in the field. well he didn't wanna get stuck again so he floored it at this berm and jumped into the road, rather impressive.

the other time, the sub was full of boy scouts. we were out in valley of fire outside of vegas and there are these "dips" in the road. the road went down into a wash and there was a dip at the bottom, and there are about 4 of these in a line. on the way out we went through them and thought they were cool, on the way back, my dad was going a little fast and we came up out of a dip and took to the air. we flew a little ways and landed sideways all the kids got really quiet, it was scary cuz we landed sideways enough to leave scrapes on the sidewalls of the rear pass. tire all the way up to the rim. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

12. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Hey flashlight I was in the bronze 70 sub on 44 boggers, at the camp with Brian in the 72 that won top trtuck last year

13. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

My brother caught about 3ft accidenally and jumped over a couple of cows and a barb wire fence and little streem...Truk was fine exept for the standard chevy frame crack at the stearing box and the batter went through the battery tray and there is now a big hump where the frame smacked the under side of the body /forums/images/icons/grin.gif