Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whos K5 and Where did you get the Cage?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tuff, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

[​IMG]

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That's a pretty cool cage.....I've never seen that cage or K5 before though.

My guess is "full custom"...the only thing that looks remotely like a "kit" are the rearmost 4-points which could have started life as a Smittybilt?

3. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

I like the cage, definitely looks custom. I wonder if its rear passenger safe in a rollover?

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

It looks like it could be a smittybuilt roll bar with 2 front cage kits to make the front 2 hoops.

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

It looks very much like a custom cage I saw being built in a magazine article. If it is, then none of the parts started life as part of a Smitty unit.

6. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

Hey Tuff, I want to ask you about your body lift. I am thinking about a 2" body lift, just making my own out of aluminum probably. If not I can get some cheap ones somewhere. I am not worred about them having to withstand a WHOLE LOT of pressure, I dont get into the big time off road stuff. I know nothing about the body things. I was planning on doing suspension lift, but I want to keep is smooth and suspension just plain costs too much. I also DONT have the slighteset idea on how those shackle flip deals work. So I have decided to do the 2" body lift. Besides, the original mounts need to be replaced, so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone? About how much time did it take you do do the body mounts? Is it just a matter of removing bolts, jacking up the frame, sliding the new spacer in and a new bolt? Please answer these for me. Anyone.

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i think that looks safer than any other cage ive seen in a first gen blazer.also dont have a clue who's it is but would like to see more pics.where did you get the pics???

8. Bill4rest

Bill4rest 1/2 ton status

How about starting a new thread and asking the whole fourm /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

10. chulisohombre

i found the websites owners email.i'll ask an see if he has any more pics or can tell me whos it is

11. chulisohombre

i contacted the sites owner and he said he had no clue whos blazer it was or the specs.he had just gone wheeling and the guy was there so he got a couple of pics.

12. fender

fender Registered Member

hmmm...I'm pretty sure thats the same blazer that was at the blazer bash last summer. There are some more pics that I found, here community.webshots.com/user/fender4x4
    Ask on the main board, and I'm sure someone will know.

13. chulisohombre

update.the guy lives in texas but still no name.he is also on west texas off roads website.looks like he gets his parts from there maybe.

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

His name is Nevada, wheeled with him over EJS last year, he is a good friend of Matt Hodges who owns http://westtexasoffroad.com so I would give Matt a call.