Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's kids are these?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by garlicbreath, Dec 6, 2006.

1. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I don't think that's an acceptable response regardless of what happened.

Rene

3. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

I would hope if my child talked to an adult like that they would put them in their place by what ever means are necessary. But of course mine never would cuz they know what mom and dad would do.

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah maybe a bit to hands on nowadays, but in my day we would get an ass whippin' from the principal with a garden hose. And everybody knew it, so this kinda stuff never happened.

Blame it on ourselves, we've allowed it to get to this point.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

THAT is scary ****.we respected our drivers,like you said who knows what led up to it? but i suspect that all the little smartasses on the bus push it everyday.kids are taught today that no one can touch them or that person goes to jail.all your kids have to do is say you HURT them and you are going away.they send letters home about it.so if you correct your child with a spanking your screwed. thats a form of abuse.:rolleyes: thats why those kids were talking like they were.cuz they know no one can do anything about it.this country is turning into a bunch of pussys.

6. 76zimmer

EXACTLY..........Nugent needs to drive bus for a while

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Amen to that brother

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

A grown man laying the smack on a 12 year old boy is wrong.

HOWEVER, if I EVER heard my kids talking like that to another adult they wouldn't be able to sit down for a week. Those boys need a spanking, plain and simple.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i know its wrong Paul, but think about if you were in that situation.and the guy called for a sherriff first.he knew what he was doing.he looked like an older gentelman ,from a different era.and prolly had enough of those kids.i'm sure you guys have read about me and the smartass kids.i was working in my yard and the wife was standing close to me.three punks were walking by and yelled something to her.i stood up and one of them said **** you.i jumped both fences and was right in front of them.one of the little dick heads said"you can't touch us,we are kids". so i pushed him down on the side walk.and i said"go get your dad AND the police and i'll do it again in front of them".the other two ran off and then mr.dickhead was a little more compliant.I will never take **** off a kid like that.now that kid respects me and asks if i need my grass cut.:D

10. 76zimmer

you got away with that one then......today that just don't cut it....I agree with it, but you'll get your butt in hot water sooner or later doing that. Ever listen to Carlos Mencia? he says what we are all thinking, and wanting to do, but can't because this country has turned too pansy.

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

A tiny little bit to far:rolleyes: The guy handled the situation wrong. He called for back up and should have waited......

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah he blew it...That sh!t just wont fly in todays society...:crazy:

13. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I can't believe what I'm reading. I don't care how stressed that bus driver was he shouldn't have touched those kids. I wish one of those kids could have droped him. Blind respect for an adult is bull. There's too many screwed up adults out there. I'll never forget when I was a 10 years old and some moron got the best of me. I was skateboarding on the side walk, which was illigal and some guy, probably in his 40's shoved me off. I just sat there staring at him, and fear of my father was why. If my kid was to ever have that happen to him., I'd hope he'd smash the guy with his skateboard. Acting like a victom will make you a victom. I've seen it. Just because your an adult doesn't mean your responsible. Back to the bus driver. I hope one of those kids parents pressed charges.

14. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

It's hard to make a judgement call on this for me. I don't know the background, but I do remember a few times when I was a kid where I needed to be knocked back into reality.

Like the time I was throwing rocks at cars driving by, and the guy chased me and cought me, and my dumbass spouted off with you can't touch me, I'm under 18. I was young and no male guidance or role models and a mom that worked too much to feed us.

So, is the camera there on that bus because a student complained about the driver, or did the driver complain about the students?

Either way, a child that is brave enough to swing at a grown man has some issues.

15. 76zimmer

Damn right, if these kids had the discipline they need, they wouldn't be acting like they are. Probably the biggest reason they are acting like that is to show off in front of their friends. I don't think that driver would be in that seat without a background check anyway. I think he was probably pushed into this situation by the kids.

16. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

A child that is brave enough to swing at a grown man to protect himself or his friends deserves respect.

A kid that does this will never be a vicim of a pedophile, kidnapper or anything else. My kids are still little but I'd be proud of him if he stood up to that bus driver like that kid did at the end of the video. At that age, probably about 13 I probably would have too. I agree that those kids deserve to be punished for mouthing off like that but it needs to be the parents or the justice system that does it, not some bus driver with no self controll.

17. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

Watch the video again. The kid that stood up to the driver and took the swing at him was protecting the other kids at the back of the bus. I can almost guarantee he has a dad that teaches him respect, responsibility and the difference beteween right and wrong.

18. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

my computer is a pile so I cant watch the vid, but I get the jist of it. todays kids are just little f'n s**ts period, atleast alot of them are. YES its the parents fault too. people just dont know how to, or care to dicipline kids and teach them kindness, respect for others and self respect either.

my kid will not speak to ANYONE with a smart mouth or yes he will get a ass woop'in period. I dont give a crap what the law says. I am completely against abuse for sure but a woop'in is ok in my book if needed.

kids bullying other kids and picking on other kids is worse then ever nowadays. I teach my son and explain to him about things like consiquences and responsible for his own actions. I teach him right from wrong with even the littlest things so he learns the difference and learns to have compassion for another person.

just today I said " man, my skin is dry" just in conversation with my woman. my son said "MY skin is not dry" in kind of a naner naner way. I told him that that is not a nice thing to say and that is a very selfish thing to say. I told him he should have said either nothing at all or something like "dad, sorry your skin is dry".

I explained that the way he said what he said was selfish because he was unknowingly trying to draw attention to himself and it was like saying he was better then me cause HIS skin was not dry. I said that was a rude thing to say and that he should think about what he says before he says things like that.

I explain the differences of a SELFLESS person compared to a SELFISH person and that he should ALLWAYS try to be SELFLESS to people because no one liks a selfish person.

yes my son will know when to stand up and fight when its necessary, even when it means standing up to a bully picking on someone. he will also know how to act like a good kid and respect his elders too.

19. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I agree with most of what you say but I believe that it's a good idea to let you kids know theat some of his elders deserve NO respect or trust. I am already starting to teach my 4 year old that bullying is wrong and that kids deserve as much respect as adults. I hope he will stick up for himself and his friends from bullying.

A good friend of mine got called in to his kids elementry school and was told that his 9 year old punched a kid in the face. He talked to his son before going to the school and it turned out one of his sons friends who was a "little slow" was pushed down by another kid. His son punched the other kid sending him off crying. When my friend went to the school the vice principal told him that his son wouldn't be suspended but asked him how he was going to dicipline his son. He said "I'm not, he didn't do anything wrong" The vice principal looked shocked and my friend and his son walked out.

In my opinion he handled this perfectly. I know I'm repeating myself but kids have to know it's ok to stand up for themselves and their friends even if it's an adult they're staning up to.

20. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Bus driver handled that badly, but those kids need a serious ass beating. And as for the kid being a "hero"; bullsh*t. That kid is NOT growing up right, he is a criminal in the making. The bus driver slapped one kid upside the head. That's it. He didn't beat him up and he clearly could have, or even given him a real punch. That kid has a problem with authority and any kid that will call the driver a mutherfugger is f*cked up, not brave.

And I would have got my ass handed to me just for talking back, much less physically resisting the duly appointed authority figure.